Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Corrupt Display Drivers

• 10-12-2004 10:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭

MY mates pc has a problem with windows XP - the display drivers are corrupt - so that when it boots the screen goes blank at the end of the boot sequence. I did get it working briefly by dropping in a different GFX card but the moment I tried to update the drivers it went back to its old behavouir.
    I believe its a known problem with the Nvidia Nforce 2 drivers (its a shuttle SN41G2)

Any form of safe mode ends in a BSOD with errors in either NV_VGA.SYS or NV_AGP.SYS

Now I have BartPE and and XP disk - so I can pretty much get at his hard disk without having to install it in another machine,....but any suggestions on how I fix the problem?

Just reinstalling/copying in a clean set of the windows bog standard VGA drivers will be enough to get me going.

Advertisement