Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro evo 4 vrs fifa 2005?

Options
  • 10-12-2004 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

Im going to buy one or the other in the comming week for the ps2 id like your point of views to help me decide which one to buy!
    A Gratefull Eoin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Pro Evo 4 is the much better football game, FIFA is more an arcade slant on it. I'd go for Pro Evo everytime, but FIFA 2005 is much improved over past versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Speaking from what experience I can, FIFA 2005 (PC) is very good. Can't comment on other versions though as last I played was WC98. And unfortunately can't play Pro Evo 4 on PC :( From what I hear tho, neither should really dissapoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

I could buy both but that might be pointless,id hardly get much use from one over the other!
    Ive always bought fifa games and borrowed the evo series of games i think ill probably by evo 4 this time round for a change!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Personally I prefer FIFA, just cant get used to the controls of Pro Evo and the players feel like they're on rails in that game. FIFA plays much better imo but I know I'm in the minority, just don't have the patience to learn the nuances of Pro Evo.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I don't play a whole lot of soccer games, but when I do I generally choose Evo over Fifa.

The controls and response just seem more "natural" I guess....

Sensi soccer in WinUAE still pwns though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Pro Evo 4!

Amazingly realistic. Once you spend a bit of time learning it. You will really appreciate the difference. It is harder to learn, I am not going to lie. But the vast amount of things you can do is amazing.

In my opinion, the hardest thing about the game is overlooking the **** jerseys and player names. Get a patch though and this is sorted so no more problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

I have Pro Evo 4 here and I want to like it, I really do.
    Can live with the presentation and stuff, its just the players really look like they're stuck rigidly to running in one of eight directions and they seem to turn so sharply, it just doesn't feel right. I can't seem to get anything resembling natural, flowing play going at all in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Thats why you can rent games.
    You can try it out and see if its any good and/or worth buying.
    You never know, you might finish it and never have to bother buying it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 54,339 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

evo all the way but i have to admitt fifa has improved but now evo have all the players names right :D
    go for evo

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

Pro Evo. Plays more like real footbal imo, the only soccer game worth getting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

If you like football then go for Pro Evo 4.

Advertisement