Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Years Eves Plans

• 11-12-2004 1:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭

Well its approaching fast, so what are peoples plans to dodge over priced pints and crappy novelty new years eve nights???????????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Visit offy early. Stock up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Try and get invited to a house party somewhere - a great way to avoid paying up to €20 to get into a place and then up to €6 a drink! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

find acid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭fischerspooner

you should always get out of dublin, it's a nightmare here on new year's and depressing. I'm going to Cologne in Germany!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I'll be at a house party. It's far better to ring in the new year in comfort with thirty or so friends than to be stuck in a packed pub queueing at the bar to buy over-priced beer that you're drinking too fast because the music is too loud for conversation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

I'm going to Cologne in Germany!!!
    I hear than place smells nice

I'm gonna have a few mates around and drink like it's 1999... again...
    Mordeth wrote:
    find acid.
    This theory interests me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

house party. dont see the point of going out for new years!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

House party is on the cards for me too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

House Party, at mine.

Will be a good night I hope!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

i've boycotted new years eve celibrations for the bast 3 year... it makes for a much better new years day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Another house party here. Sick of paying €30 into a crap club where you'll get ripped off on beer and squashed like a bloody sardine come midnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Due to work until 11.30pm, so I'll probably celebrate New Year's in my car on the way home. :D

*might* try to get off early and head into the Village to see The Redneck Manifesto, but that depends on what time they'll be on stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Stay at home and 'smoke'. Going into a pub/club so packed I can't even raise a pint to my mouth has never been my idea of fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Sitting in watching tv... I hate new years.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I'll be working. 12 solitary hours of double time, thank you. It's much better than watching the crap on telly, or being in an overcrowded pub paying an extra two euros for a drink for the night that's in it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Got invited to a house party last night so will probably do that. Paying ridiculous amounts into clubs seems wrong.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Sitting alone in the house with a bottle of Jack Daniels.

Or the gf might pop down. So that'll be two bottle of Jack Daniels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

Reading this thread it occured to me maybe 2005 publicans will be forced to reduce pints for new year - offer vouchers on the way in etc. Then sanity made me realise there are too many morons out there willing to be ripped off- sigh :(

House party for me - and has been since 1996!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Haven't a clue what I'll be doing. My friends aren't good at planning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

working til 11 then driving home at a very progressive pace to a keg of heineken that I plan to intraveneously consume until death occurs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Mousie

Im off to London for the new years. Anyone know of anywhere decent to go over there for the stroke of midnight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

feylya wrote:
    Sitting alone in the house with a bottle of Jack Daniels.

Or the gf might pop down. So that'll be two bottle of Jack Daniels.

She has got GF status now??? wow dude, next there'll be kids and stuff :eek:

I'm off down to clare for new years. Renting a house with a few mates, so there'll be a few parties and nights in 'didilee idelee' bars drinking pints of guinness i think.. should be fun i reckon :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

A bottle of buckfast, a bit of smoke, a fire and a beach, sounds the business.
    Now I wouldn't be one for "kna*ker Drinking" but its great crack for 1 night a year, with all your mates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

Nothing. I don't have any friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

I dont know what I'm doing yet. I have a feeling I wont know until New Years eve. I dont really like to plan these kind of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I'll be having a very special party with Darwin, Mrs. Cheeky, Duncan, Mrs. McGilicudy and all my other make-believe monkeys...

Advertisement