Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was the highlight of Witnness 2001?

Options
  • 09-08-2001 9:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

For me, it had to be Frank Black & the Catholics encoring with the Pixies 'Where is my mind?'.

Blinding. smile.gif

Yours?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

I can't remember too much abuot it, was only there the Saturday, but I'd say the highlight, was the fact that I didn't see any of the bands (except 5 mins of the Charlatans who were pretty bad), got very, very intoxicated, jumped across small rivers, trepsed through fields full of ****, got covered in muck, lost my glasses, but didn't spend a penny on beer, food, or anything else...bar a taxi on the way down....great!

By the way... you didn't happen to find my glasses? Or a bag of cd's??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Frank Black n the catholics was good. But the Frames on saturday night was fupping great the atmosphere was unbelieve abelievable, then Glen Hansard jumps in the crowd just longside where I was standing fupping great.

EVERYONES OUT TO GET YA MOTHER****ER X6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Rabbit_Fascist

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dr. Loon:
    I can't remember too much abuot it, was only there the Saturday, but I'd say the highlight, was the fact that I didn't see any of the bands (except 5 mins of the Charlatans who were pretty bad), got very, very intoxicated, jumped across small rivers, trepsed through fields full of ****, got covered in muck, lost my glasses, but didn't spend a penny on beer, food, or anything else...bar a taxi on the way down....great!

By the way... you didn't happen to find my glasses? Or a bag of cd's??
    </font>

The Charlatans were the best band all weekend, in my humble opinion.

Didn't find any CD's mate. Sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

Higlights were Frank Black, The Walls and Super Furry Animals.

Mint !

• Site Banned Posts: 334 ✭✭scuzzy

(tries not to laugh at Dr. Loon)

(Fails)
    HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

jus' kiddin'!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

FLC, beyond a doubt. they were great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

What are ye laughin at scuzzy!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

Best thing about witness is havin g the shower at the end of it for sure better if ur not alone tho biggrin.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭T.G Catter

c the guys who collected all the plastic beer cups, and made a tower!
    the revs were class,as were faithless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

JESUS H. CHRIST!!! FLC was possibly the worst group there, i left after the first few songs. Did you not hear that retarded joke he told?

The Frames' set was legendary, with guest appearances from Paddy Casey, that lead singer/guitarist from the waterboys and David Kitt (whom i met wandering around the tent before the frames started) not to mention Glen Hansard crowd surfing! I also saw them in the vip area on saturday, which i got into both days, coz im cool n stuff biggrin.gif

Also seeing Skindive for the first time (treatment tent and rising stage) was good, Danielle Harrison the lead singer is very,very,very,very sexy. wink.gif

I believe ive said this before, but get the album. Its called Skindive aswell. 10 punts!

Aka: Sexual Harassment Panda

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 walls_fan

Highlight was THE WALLS on a very wet Saturday...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Frank Black & The Catholics by faaaaaaar.

Skindive & ..Trail of Dead were class too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Whats the deal with draging up an eight month old thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Flimbo

the frames....glen hansard stage dived on top of me. I crumpled like a leaf!

Feeder - we created a moshing circle in the pit up front and went fupping spastic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭poobags

Even no im no fan of them-Muse blew me away. Like an electric cannon straight through the heart. Thats the best description i can come up with.

Although the Waterboys before them were just ****in class too.
    Great band when your drunk. Yes the frames were great.

WHERE WER THE PANCAKES THOUGH? PANCAKES CHILDREN. PANCAKES.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

aint no doubt about it, while all those above acts were good, MUSE f***ing ROCKED !!! The delay, the heaviest rain shower of 2001 and the steam rising off the crowd just added to the atmosphere and when Bellamy & Co came on stage, my life was never the same... pity bout the two dopes who decided to leave their bags on the ground in the pit, causing about 5000 people to fall over on top of bout 4 girls. Nevertheless...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Pencapchew

Frank Black was amazing and the crowd were pure mental.
    snowpatrol and feeder were good on the main stage but the frames was my highlight..Glen nearly broke me and my friends faces when he stage dived :D

P.S. this years line-up will be the best ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭papashiv0

I'm not sure what witness it was at but some legend climbed up one of those big blue tents. I thought that was pretty good cause most of the bands suct.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

The bit where this annoying fat secuirty guy got nailed with a pint of guiness was cool, oh and large consuptin of alcohol over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Paulj

Crowdsurfing during FLC with the bouncers firing plastic cups of guinnes at me. Great fun!

Oh and frank black's "where is my mind" was brill.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 morph1998

trowing a pint of urine over 2 arseholes that were about 2 feet taller than me and getting chased around fairyhouse...they weren't happy...don't f**k with the little guy eh!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Brautigan

Losing a collection of small envelopes only to find them an hour later sitting on a step in the grandstand, untouched and awaiting appraisal and approval from some thirsty troops...

Oh, and the Stereo MC's were awesome..., and Elbow were good too. And Neil Finn, especially when he invited that dude from the audience up to sing with him. And Mundy in the Cafe stage when the lights came up and he and Mic Christopher gamely played on for ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭dysfunct

Definatley The Frames on Saturday night, amazing.
    The most depressing thing about the weekend, that damn rain.

Are ye going this year? You can bet your ass i am.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭the celtic tiger

at witnness 2000, GERRY climbed up the Witnness more tent and slid down. he was pished and we convinced him to lob his phone up. It got stuck so he had to leg it up and get it!!!! TOP DOLLAR!

Advertisement