Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coupla SE v800 and general voda 3g qns

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

OK, thanks, will go get a new one so... :)

Yes, SE online settings are out of date. Have a look at http://www.vodafone.ie/phonestariffs/allabout/display.jsp?type=settings&cat=GPRS&phone=F500I&manu=SonyEricsson&model=F500i - pretty similar interface and all the settings are there.

Seems as if the local vodafone store doesnt have any 3g sim cards. :( So, no new sim for me till next week then or maybe the weekend - seems as if they have them in Waterford. Thankfully (for the moment that is), there is no 3g coverage at my house so the phone is working perfectly on 2g. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

Come across this on SE website.

Sony Ericsson V802SE

Cant see any difference apart from the memory.

Good news for me anyway, picked up a new 3g sim card in Waterford this morning, put it in, and off it went perfectly. The assistants in the shop were wondering where I got hold of the v800, as they hadnt seen any yet, and were quite impressed with it. :) Tried out a video call while in the shop and it worked very well - I was quite pleased with the quality and frame rate. So now all I've got to do is get 3g phones for all my friends for christmas so I can make more use of it! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

neokenzo wrote:
    Come across this on SE website.

Sony Ericsson V802SE

the V802SE is for Japan, and has some extra functionality for that market such as Positioning, International Prefix, Japanese Emergency Call and Pictograms - full details can be found in the handset's White Paper

can't see any difference in the memory specification though, from the tech spec on the developer site it lists the same for both:

Heap size: 512 kB - 1.5 MB (dynamic, depending on available memory)
    Shared memory for storage: 32MB
    External memory: Up to
    1GB Memory Stick Duo Pro
    Max JAR Size: Unlimited (but depending on available storage)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

MiCr0 wrote:
    can some one post some pics of the phone - to get an idea of size

any one?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

bkehoe wrote:
    So now all I've got to do is get 3g phones for all my friends for christmas so I can make more use of it! ;)

Can I be your friend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭dookie

can we please see some live pictures/phone photos and can anyone compare it to the photos taken by a 6630?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

might be able to get some in the new year, wont be near work till then..

Just got my phone today. So far I'm well pleased with it. Had to call VF UK 4 times to eventually get it unlocked :)

• Advertisement

MiCr0 wrote:
    can some one post some pics of the phone - to get an idea of size

Here is some pictures I took with Nokia 7250i as a comparison. Its actually slightly bigger than I imagined it to be.

thanks,its real nice.the sharp 902 is now officially out in the uk so im lookin forward to seeing both the phones when they come here! thanks again,much appreciated.

Can someone help me get the live/3G settings on my phone? Went to VF stores and none of them could do it, even rang CS and they may be able to give me the settings but not sure when because of the holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

What happens when you use your existing settings? There are no major differences between 2G and 3G live except for media streaming (etc) to work you need something changed in your network profile which VF will have to do. They will only do this if you get a new SIM - do you have a new 3G SIM? I also believe you need the browser configured for WAP2 (HTTP protocol using port 80) but everything else is the same.

Even when I was using my 2G simcard I couldnt connect to VF Live. Just got my 3G card today and had problems making and receiving calls. I called VF and they sorted that out already but I cant seem to connect to Live or 3G. It keeps saying connection failed.

If the 2G SIM wouldn't connect to the live APN then I'm not surprised the 3G didn't either (although changing SIM should have solved the problem) Call VF and ask them to check explicitly that the live APN is provisioned and that it has the correct quality of service for a 3G subscriber. If it is then check your live settings against those on www.vodafone.ie (also repeated here several times - I'm sure a search will find something).

Well I did ring VF CS but they say since the phone is not sold yet, they cant provide support for it. Apparently they dont have the settings to it. I'd just thought since there's a couple of guys here that already have it working that they may be able to help me. I'll go to VF's website and try to follow the settings on one of their SE phones.

The 2g sim should have worked fine for vf live, so the sim isnt the problem. Video calls, etc dont require any settings.

I posted a link a page or so back to a guide for configuring a SE phone with a similar interface for live. 3g/2g live all share the same settings.

They dont officially support it cause it's not released, but there are no special settings for it. If you are getting access problems to the live APN then it is most likely network settings - call them and ask if they live APN is provisioned (as I said before including the quality of service). Dont even mention the handset you are using as its irelevant. If live works on other live handsets and not the SE then you can worry about the connection/wap settings.

Regarding the WAP settings, make sure it is configured to use HTTP and not WAP, port 80 (not 9201). IP: 10.24.59.100, APN: live.vodafone.com, user: dublin, password: dublin

Thanks guys I got live working now :)

• Advertisement

hi,
    can someone tell me if when u download music videos is it just short clips or the whole thing? also is there full music track download like in the uk?

My only problem with the phone so far is that the volume cant be set very high - I sometimes have difficulty hearing people in somewhat noisy conditions where I could hear them fine before with my 6230 - the ringer volume doesnt go very high either.

bkehoe wrote:
    My only problem with the phone so far is that the volume cant be set very high - I sometimes have difficulty hearing people in somewhat noisy conditions where I could hear them fine before with my 6230 - the ringer volume doesnt go very high either.

I dont have that problems with mine. At the moment the ringer is set at max and I think its really loud. Talking is also fine for me. No problem hearing people. I guess it depends on what we were used to before.

can someone tell me if when u download music videos is it just short clips or the whole thing? also is there full music track download like in the uk?

All the music videos I've downloaded are the whole thing - I think they all are. Full music track download will be available at some point next year but is not yet.

ok thanks

hey,
    has anyone seen one yet. i was kinda dissapointed when they didnt have one in grafton street today,it was sposed to be out by now!

Seen what yet? 902? Dont think it meant to be out so soon?

oh sorry,forgot to say!the v800 was sposed to be out today.the 902 is the 17th/18th

Advertisement