Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did i make the wrong move?

Options
  • 11-12-2004 12:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭

Im sitting comfortable with 25k in the 11k gtd, i had been playing like a tight ass to get to last 40 out of about 540 runners.

I had seen very few hands and was surprised i had lasted this long.

Blinds were at 600/1200 and i get dealt KK UTG. So i make it 5x bb to go.

Everyone folds to chip leader of the tourney who was on 70k, he promptly puts me all in. I had a very tight image and had only great hands.

I think for a while, i had seen him call many small stacks with pure crap in the hope of a little luck.

What would you do?

Would you have put the Cowboys down in fear of bullets? After all He is bigstack, one of a few people on the table who can take you out but he is loose.
    I called and he flips over A8s of spades, i am still in very good shape infact almost 70% Favourite to take down the pot and double through, then down comes three spades on the flop, and to add to insult a K on the river

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Haven't read the spoiler but I'd probably still call.
    You raised to 6k out of your 25k, he put you all in. He could be betting something like QQ and think you're on AK and will fold *because* he's got you covered.

On the other hand, if he's a good enough player to know that your playing very tight then there's not too many hands that he'd push all-in with especially when you're raising UTG.
    I'd say its about 30% that he has bullets.

<edit>
    I read the spoiler and that guy is a moron. But a lucky one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

Sounds like the guy who called with K10 against my KK the other day and hit a flush on the river! Hurts more when you are called by crap and they suck out than if you make a call with the best and get rivered. What a great game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

read the spoiler and that guy is a moron. But a lucky one

Aye, unfortunately a lucky moron. What really took the biscuit was two guys at the table saying, n1, wp, nh etc.... WHAT!?..... Sheesh.

I think he may have thought i was on the steal, first time for everything.... Perhaps i should have simply banged all my chips in and have been happy with the blinds, but then again a moron will always be a moron and call......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

Samba wrote:
    What really took the biscuit was two guys at the table saying, n1, wp, nh etc.... WHAT!?..... Sheesh.

that pisses me off

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

I think a lot of the times its intended to be ironic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 medZer

ya it hurts...

bit of a tool alright....he obviously had straiht or flush on the brain, but a big gamble...

i played a similar hand once, won it, but had KA clubs...a little stronger position i think?

unlucky son...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Well to be fair to the chip leader, I'm sure he didn't want a call with A,8, he was using his big stack to bully. After seeing Samba's tight play he probably figured he could get him off a big hand with a re-raise. It wouldn't be something I'd do personally but I can see where he's coming from.

Advertisement