Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debs Committee!!

Options
  • 11-12-2004 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

oh GOD!!! im on the debs committee in my school+just a word 2 others....DONT DO IT!! ive never been so stressed, im treasurer+i can barely count :( newho, if any else is suffering like me or has any good ideas to put forward to make the debs extra special please do!! :)........

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i refused to be on my deb's comittee last year.... not worth the stress

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

I'm the chairman of our Debs committee and we're doing ours in the Darnley Lodge, Athboy. It's brilliant, €70 a head and they do EVERYTHING... from ticket printing to coaches... can't recommend them enough. All we have to do is collect money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭hacktavist

Dont any of your schools organise events to raise money?
    Anyone have any good ideas?
    We had a quiz, went bag packing and are having a rock night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

My girlfriend had her debs there, the meal and the reception room was nice but when we went into the club it was a disaster, the whole place was damp so it smelled. The seats were damp and they had no drinks on tap, but at least it didnt close til half 3 or 4. I had my debs in the Killiney court hotel and they closed the bar at half 12!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

You can have a nice little firework display. :p:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭thror

1. Take no bull**** from your peers, they're lucky that someone is organising this for them so they don't have to do it themselves.

2. Raise the price of the ticket for everyone so that the committee members get in for free.

3. See what you can get out of the place - they're only mad to get deals with you, they'll make a fortune from the debs (e.g. free hotel room for committee members, late bar, drink vouchers etc.)

Good luck!
    An old hand at debs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Dandlion

thror wrote:
    1. Take no bull**** from your peers, they're lucky that someone is organising this for them so they don't have to do it themselves.

2. Raise the price of the ticket for everyone so that the committee members get in for free.

3. See what you can get out of the place - they're only mad to get deals with you, they'll make a fortune from the debs (e.g. free hotel room for committee members, late bar, drink vouchers etc.)

Good luck!
    An old hand at debs

Good advice eh jess [t1]? we shud soooo bring it up at nxt meetin!!! its t2 by d way!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Sylvie Casey

If anyone's looking for an easy way out of organising transport to the debs venue, there's this really cool coach called the Party Limo. It has a bar on board and musicians(or karaoke or a DJ if you prefer). I hired it out going down to oxegen, it was such a good start to the weekend. I'd recommend it to any debs committee, the year will love them for it!I booked it on the net at www.creativeevents.ie....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

a few of our teachers did ours, 1 mainly i think.

if we had any opinions, we just went and told him, and he'd see what he could do.

wonderfully stress-freeeee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Yep all thanks to Norton antivirus :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement