Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

boo radleys!!!!

• 11-12-2004 1:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

o.k i went out in boo radleys last weekend with some of my friend who are in college there,, it was CRAZY!! the most random things happened like a stanger wlking up 2 me and throwin her drink in my face :( but it was GREAT CRAIC!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭Frankieboy

If thats your idea of fun maybe you should try the other clubs in galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 jesabella_1

ah no, that was the bad point of the night, i was dragged for a boogie with my friends after and all my worries flew out the window!! haha :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Glad you enjoyed the night, but if you're up here again, go to a proper club.
    Maybe something like Cuba.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 jesabella_1

SyxPak wrote:
    Glad you enjoyed the night, but if you're up here again, go to a proper club.
    Maybe something like Cuba.

i shall, thanx for the tip kind sir :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I was there not so long ago on an "ironic" night out. It's the new D'Alley.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭Ruffty^

Yeah Boo`s is fantastic fun. I`m there almost ever thur. The funniest sh1t happened one nite; i was down by the cloak room and these two were tongue wrestling infront of me. Next thing the bloke pushes the buerre away and puts his hand up to his mouth and starts thrownin up; the guy was so S\ashed he didn`t have the sence to bend over and all this vommit is pouring down his clothes all over his shoes :D Me and my mates were crying with laughter. Cuba is over rated, its always flammin packed. Although Boos is a bit delapadated and the music in red square is p00r <jackson five aweh>

Ruffty^ wrote:
    Yeah Boo`s is fantastic fun. I`m there almost ever thur. The funniest sh1t happened one nite; i was down by the cloak room and these two were tongue wrestling infront of me. Next thing the bloke pushes the buerre away and puts his hand up to his mouth and starts thrownin up; the guy was so S\ashed he didn`t have the sence to bend over and all this vommit is pouring down his clothes all over his shoes :D Me and my mates were crying with laughter.

It's because of scenes like the one described above that I don't go to clubs like Boos, Radisson, D'Alley, CPs or Church Lane.
    Ruffty^ wrote:
    Cuba is over rated, its always flammin packed.
    Read that again. If enlightenment you seek, find it you shall.
    Ruffty^ wrote:
    Although Boos is a bit delapadated and the music in red square is p00r <jackson five aweh>

Can't comment, haven't set foot inside either establishment since a weekend of silliness last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

People are still going to Do Badleys?
    People are strange!

SyxPak wrote:
    Read that again. If enlightenment you seek, find it you shall.
    Master yoda please forgive my ignorance :o
    I`m only in 1st year and maybe in my subconsious i wanna get some more of those halarious instances under my belt before i go for higher end clubs (or maybe i just wanna valid id) :D
    you better believe i`ll be there this thursday too (/painfully immature)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Ah, Cuba is cool. Especially with my free in card thing :D

Love the top level where the bands play. Drinks aren't bad either (although they aren't the €2 a drink they do here :D)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Ruadan

Cuba is cool, havent been inages.

I would castrate myself with a pickaxe rather than set foot in Boos again.

Have heard good things about the Warrick and shall have to visit it some time, pity its an hours wlk though...

Ruffty^ wrote:
    Master yoda please forgive my ignorance :o
    I`m only in 1st year and maybe in my subconsious i wanna get some more of those halarious instances under my belt before i go for higher end clubs (or maybe i just wanna valid id) :D
    you better believe i`ll be there this thursday too (/painfully immature)

Underage like you, once I was. Suck greatly it did.

Soon your training complete you must.

Boo promoter: "If only you knew the power of the dark side"

chewee: "RRRrrraaarrrRRR"

Ruffty: stfu chewee i`m tryin to make an important decision

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I ended up spending 15 minute in Boo Radley's the other night. Look, a friend was going back to America the next day, all right? He didn't want to be there either, ok?

Anyway, I ordered one drink, and can safely say it was the vilest, most putrid Smithwicks I have ever had the misfortune to taste.

So we all went home and played A Game Of Thrones until about half five in the morning. What a boardgame...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Number6

I've generally given up on the club scene. Give me a nice quite pub, with decent music on the jukebox - none of this techno dance bunyuck - a nice pint of stout, a pool table and a dart board and I'll be as happy as a pig in fecal matter for years.

None of this Cattle-crush type places where there are 500 people between you and the bar, and you have to order your drinks from 4 layers deep of people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Ruadan wrote:
    Cuba is cool, havent been inages.

I would castrate myself with a pickaxe rather than set foot in Boos again.

Have heard good things about the Warrick and shall have to visit it some time, pity its an hours wlk though...

The Warrick is only worth going to on a Thursday night when the college's are still in. Gugai plays some decent tunes but if the weather is bad then the crowds don't normally head out.

When I head out I normally end up in GPO. It's not that good but it's not as bad as some.

Best clubs in Galway are still 110th Street (especially the nights in the Town Hall) and Boogaloo. Last February's Boogaloo was particularly brilliant, one of the best club nights I've ever had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,270 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I've been in Boo Radley's but once. A guy was glassed in front of me and the security guards wouldn't let us leave because another brawl was going on outside the club. I've never been back, nor do I intend to.

Advertisement