Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slf

Options
  • 11-12-2004 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭

What did people think of the SLF gig last night. I thought that it was tres good! The Things were a brillaint support band!

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Thought SLF were deadly. The Things song's all sounded the same. Not the worst tho.

Got us a playlist :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

They have been better in the past, but still very good. Played a fair amount of the songs I was hoping to hear. Would have liked to hear a little more from Guitar and Drum, but I was quite happy with "Is That What You Fought The War For", "Back To Front" and "Silver Lining".

Things were better than usual, I thought. Pitty Enimigos didn't play.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

dregin wrote:
    Thought SLF were deadly. The Things song's all sounded the same. Not the worst tho.

Got us a playlist :D

I asked the bassist and he said i could have a setlist then one of the security came along and took it! Damn You!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭shivface

i thought it was really good

i wanted them to play johnny was tho

did noone else get put off by that bum?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

shivface wrote:
    i thought it was really good

i wanted them to play johnny was tho
    They didn't play "Johnny Was" last year either. Maybe they're just taking a break. I'm sure it'll be back.

shivface wrote:
    did noone else get put off by that bum?
    It was a bit much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

I saw the warm up gig in Naas and thought they were great. Better than last year in my opinion. I missed the support so I'm not sure on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Hey Matt! Did you get an ID or have the Music Centre just gotten somewhat less anal about their over-18's policy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭shivface

im 17, look about 15 but i got in no bodge

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Hey Matt! Did you get an ID or have the Music Centre just gotten somewhat less anal about their over-18's policy?

I'm 16 but i just look older. It was great had a conversation with one of the sercurity about it being ridiculous selling tickets to 15 and 16 years olds. I nearly burst out laughing!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Heh. I'd say that was... interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

I dont think it was the usual security down there. Front of house security were definitely different people.

Advertisement