Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Miss Dublin!!

Options
  • 11-12-2004 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

hi people, im from dolphins barn in dublin+ bout $ years ago we moved 2 carlow, dont get me wrong i love carlow, my mates are the best, theres always a laugh, but... i MISS DUBLIN!! im goin next year 4 gollege (fingers crossed) woohoo!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

exactly the same as meself. i go to Carlow IT. im sick of the place. i quit me job so i could come up to dublin at the weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Yeah lived there for a year, back in Cork now. Miss the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 jesabella_1

The_B_Man wrote:
    exactly the same as meself. i go to Carlow IT. im sick of the place. i quit me job so i could come up to dublin at the weekends.

oh how i feel 4 u... Y WOULD YOU COME TO CARLOW???? crazy monkay!! :D

didnt get into Tallaght IT! :rolleyes: Carlow was my fifth choice actually!
    let that be a lesson to kids who dont study!
    im thinkin of transferrin my final year back up to dublin but im used to livin in me own house now so i dont really wanna live at home. maybe an apartment in town if i suddenly become loaded. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭abraham lincoln

hi people, im from dolphins barn in dublin+ bout $ years ago we moved 2 carlow, dont get me wrong i love carlow, my mates are the best, theres always a laugh, but... i MISS DUBLIN!! im goin next year 4 gollege (fingers crossed) woohoo!! :)

i now how you feel. got shiped from dublin 5. to 20 miles from the nearest excuse for an urban sprawl, galway. have got to wait till at least september 2006 before i can go back

• Advertisement

I'm originally from Ballyfermot, my parents moved us here to Listowel about 8½ years ago. Still got the accent, I never let myself lose it!
    Believe me - if I can find a job in Dublin I'll be back up there in a flash. Bored to tears round here and I need a life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭The Fitz

I no how ya feel, moved from Old County Glen in Crumlin 5 years ago to Blessington, some ****hole in wicklow, I wana go home

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

was a resident of "the big smoke" from 82 to 95, and yes I do miss it. I should be back living in that area of the country by June at the latest with a little luck.

Iwent to carlow it too by the way and it was the worst experience of my life. i hated it with a passion, the course was out-of-date, the lecturers were idiots, the accomodation I had was like 3 miles from the college and as there was no bus service it had to be done every morning on foot.

never again will i ever visit carlow town.

never again will i ever visit carlow town.

it seems a lot of it carlow students share your thoughts. u'd be hard pushed to spot a good lookin woman down there these days (no offence jessabella ;)). and dont get me started on the accent. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Was exiled from Dublin a number of years ago myself,70 odd mins up the road to Cavan

Now Im back in the schmoke,its bleedin deadly(well,since i moved backin Autumn,2 people have been murdered and seemingly dozens shot around here,ya cant get deadlier can you?). Only drawback bein that most of my mates are back in Cavan,meanin i have to make regular visits for drinking sessions

Yeah,Dublins way better. I forgot how convenient it is that you can get your takeaways delivered(in Cavan only the chinese and Indians do this,as well as a rather sh1te pizza restaurent,and im not fond of either

And Dubs have better music taste

• Advertisement
Advertisement