Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spiritualized Touring Ireland in Sept

Options
  • 12-08-2001 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭

Savoy, Cork 24 Sep

Black Box, Galway 25 Sep

Ambassador Theatre, Dublin 26 Sep

The Nerve Centre, Derry 27 Sep

Mandela Hall, Antrim 28 Sep

I'll be seeing them on the 24th in Cork.

Anyone get to listen to any previews of the new album yet ?

[This message has been edited by yellum (edited 12-08-2001).]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

yeah have to get my tickets some time this week, 23 quid though .. ouch.

have only heard the one track they released on their homepage, its quite good from what i remember, although i wouldn't take much from it cos of the quality.

on a not too far afield note, mogwai will be playing in dublin in november.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

Spiritualized - Let it come down
    Tracks:
    The straight and the narrow

The twelve steps

Anything more

Lord can you hear me

Do it all over again

Don't just do something

I didn't mean to hurt you

Stop your cryin'

On fire

Out of sight

I've listened to the above tracks. I don't know will they all be on the album or what order they'll be, or whether theres more than this. They're very good, on a par with Ladies and Gentlemen.....

Some of these will be outstanding live. I really like The Straight and the Narrow, Lord Can you hear me and Out Of Sight, which seems like a bit on an epic piece.

Marcus.

[This message has been edited by MarcusGarvey (edited 12-08-2001).]

Just booked my tickets for galway, dublins sold out at this stage.
    Suppose thats what I get for delaying :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

**** i'd better get mine tomorrow for cork then. Have to get 3. Actually 2 are for guys coming back from Boston. Wonder will they now be back in time ? The cost of the tickets is a small price for their safe return.

went to see them in galway last night, and damn was it one hella good show.

Played several tracks from pure phase, a few from ladies and gentlemen, two I'd never heard before (not off any album) and the rest were all off the new album, they didnt bother playing the new single at all... but they didnt need to.

Absolutely stunning live.. definitly worth my trip up from dublin for the night.

• Advertisement

Saw them Monday night. They were excellent. Not enough room on stage for all the band ! First track was Cop Shoot Cop, encore track was Lord can you hear me. There were some tracks I didn't know but I haven't all their albums.

There were a lot of instrumental tracks and some just seemed to be some jamming bits.

I really like it but I would have liked to hear Ladies and Gentlemen or the new single.

Only thing I didn't like was the lack of audience interaction. "Thank you" is all he said for the night.

It was pretty amazing to hear that quality of music in such a small venue like that. The brass section was damned cool.

crowd interaction? not a word was spoken in galway.

did arrive about half an hour earlier than the opening time though and was treated to hearing them warming up through a large open delivery door at the side of the venue.. a decidedly different version of electricity with a 5 minute long jam at the end, quite excellent indeed.

strange thing was there was like 5 people at the door at the opening time waiting to get in. a whole five people.
    packed up come 9 and when they were meant to start though which was grand, got the distinct impression that the majority of the crowd didn't have a clue as to who these guys where or what the hell they were playing, although one or two people did seem to react when intros from tracks from ladies and gentlemen got played..

The doors were meant to open at 7.30 in Cork but opened at 8.00pm If I recall. There was a good deal of people there and by 8.45 the place was packed. We were waiting for the DJ but the background music was the DJ playing I guess, dunno where he was though. Not bad music whatever it was he was spinning.

The Cork crowd knew a good deal of the songs but there were a few total blanks for some songs. Impressive band though. Very talented.

Was weird too that spaceman played at the side of the stage.

Originally posted by yellum
    We were waiting for the DJ but the background music was the DJ playing I guess, dunno where he was though. Not bad music whatever it was he was spinning.

Caspar Brotzmann would have been the long drawn out Hendrixy type stuff fit very well as a warmup track.. nothing else I know... all semi-jazzy stuff, trumpets, guitars and background noise.

Advertisement