Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advancedmp3players.co.uk problems ?

• 11-12-2004 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭

after much thought and suggestions from these boards i decided to order the IRIVER-H140 from advancedmp3players.co.uk.
    i ordered it on the 30/11 with the promise(on the site) that it would come back into stock on december 3rd, immediately after my order i got an email from SECPAY to say that i had been charged 250 sterling on my account and it listed my billing address, shipping address and phone number.
    so anyway the 3rd came and went and nothing, i presumed that they didnt have enough stock to fill my order or something. anyway, a couple of days later the site said they were getting stock in on the 10th of december, but still nothing and now when i log into my account, it says that i havent made any orders(but my email says different) and my shopping basket still contains the IRIVER, so now apparently theyve taken money(250 sterling) out of my account and not bothered to fill my order :mad:
    if i hadnt have heard differently about the site i would say thats its dodgy, im gonna call them to see what the story is, and hopefully get it sorted out asap, but their offices are only open monday-friday, so im going to have to wait until the weekend is over before i can even call them.
    has anybody used this site before ? im just finding this very frustating :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Bass.exe

You can't charge someone for goods not shipped. If you want, you could call up your Credit Card company, and get them to charge back the cost of the goods.
    They aren't supposed to charge you until they have the good in stock. Complain bitterly is my suggestion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

I think most companies do charge as soon as you order, even if they do not have them in stock. Overclockers are one of them. They had on thier website that the stock is coming in 1-2 weeks, I ordered them and they charged my CC straight away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Bass.exe wrote:
    You can't charge someone for goods not shipped.

Oh yes you can. A lot of online retailers, of good repute, say they don't until the order is ready to ship, but that's not a legal/CC-agreement requirement.

.cg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

just to clarify, its not so much the credit card billing that i have the problem with(although i do find it kind of dodgy) its just the fact they've had at least 2 opportunities to ship it out to me and they havent, and that the site says ive never made an order, when i clearly have(and have the email as proof)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Bass.exe wrote:
    You can't charge someone for goods not shipped.
    So long as the goods arrive within the timespan they were supposed to have arrived within, then they can charge whenever they want.

The only problem is when the goods never get shipped... My advice, bitch massively and see if you can get a discount, but make sure you get the first order charged-back first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

I waited until the iriver h140 was back in stock (last Thursday) and ordered it. It was posted on Friday, and it came in the post to rural Co. Meath on Monday (yesterday).

For me, they were 1st class. :) Sorry to hear about your mishap, though. Its over a week since you posted, any news? :(

Advertisement