Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frank And Walters - A Great Band

Options
  • 07-08-2001 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

One of the best bands around at the minute are the Frank And Walters - www.thefrankandwalters.co.uk
    I got Album No.4 "Glass" - it is superb.
    This band are a great pop/rock band.
    My faith in music is now ewstored

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

waaan frank and walters! they're the only good modern band from cork that i can think of. i have a load of their mp3's but none of their albums.
    My brother knows them well enough in real life so i have been listening for the past 10 years about how well they can play their guitars.
    Its a shame that they're not bigger than they are, with some songs that could be really big hits.
    How Can I Exist? is a bluddy great song

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Illkillya:
    waaan frank and walters! they're the only good modern band from cork that i can think of.
    </font>

Mercury Rev, Bass Odyssey, Microdisney (well not too modern), The Sultans Of Ping, Young Offenders to name but a few. Frank and Walters broke too soon I think. Would have been nice if they built some momentum. Don't like em a hell of a lot myself. But then I have no taste in music.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MarcusGarvey:
    Mercury Rev, Bass Odyssey, Microdisney (well not too modern), The Sultans Of Ping, Young Offenders to name but a few.</font>
    nice one!! i didn't knwo they were all from cork! (never heard of bass odyssey or microdisney, but i'll check out some of their stuff). i used to listen to Mercury Rev a lot.. i didn't even know they were irish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

Microdisney was around in the 80's, one of their famous songs was town to town. The band broke up and the singer went on to form The Fatima Mansions and the guitarist formed the High LLamas.

Microdisneys songs got more bite as they progessed according to some reviewers. Gonna get some of their stuff as its been so so long since I heard them.

Marcus.

Advertisement