Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL BB Pings through the roof

• 11-12-2004 5:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭

Havnt noticed this until today but what was once a steady ping of about 30 on IOLBB has jumped up to about 150 -> 160 constant at the moment.

Anyone else having this problem or know why?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 innocent_crew

Ive started a new thread on this topic. Its strange and I dont know why thats happening. Did anyone here contact the techsupport

• Registered Users Posts: 21 iganokage

yup, same here, 40 or so usually, now 140 is my lowest pinging server O_o

hope its just something temporary!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭crowl

seems to be a common problem with iol users but they wont acknowledge it if not enough people ring 1890 923 111. Ring them up and get them to stop this happening, it's a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Appears to be back to normal as I just checked it, a little higher then normal but its back into the 50's range.

Eitherway Im off to the pub now.

problem appears to be back now :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Big P

yep same problem here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Only Human

I rang them and they said their service doesnt support pinging!?!?!? als they said the cant gaurantee any regular good pings !?!?!?!?!?!

apparently they cant do anything about it today because they have no 'second level' people there but if everyone having problems calls 1890 923 111 on monday something should get done. If not enough ppl call it will not be an issue to them so please call in.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Big P

Only Human wrote:
    I rang them and they said their service doesnt support pinging!?!?!? als they said the cant gaurantee any regular good pings !?!?!?!?!?!
    well by default you cannot be pinged while using IOLBB. You have to enable pings from the wan in your router config.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭calis

yea smae problem here. seems to be in late afternoon early evening thatr the problem is the worst. had problem yesterday then late last nite it was grand .. back to high pings again this evening.

• Advertisement

yeh at peak times you get like 150ms to uk

220 today to iol games server. poxy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

same problem here last night. You can also mail them at support .at. iol.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Pinging 700+ to uk game servers atm. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Been happening to me for the last few weeks normally in the evening (only somedays) I notice that I am pinging to Steam/Counter Strike servers at 150ms when normally they would be under 40ms. Also having problems with the internet dropping connection (not the DSL but the actual connection to the Internet WAN). My routers has the error message Ceiling for number of connections reached, dropping packet over and over.

I haven't run customer support about it yet, but if the problem doesn't go away soon I will be, especially since my 3 months free is running out and I don't want to be paying for a service that 3 days out of the week I can't use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Only Human

Wicknight wrote:
    I haven't run customer support about it yet
    Maybe you should

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

As you all know this happened before.
    When the pings hit the roof do the following.

Go to DOS and do a Tracert to 192.111.39.1 and www.google.ie.
    This is an internal DNS within ESAT and an external webpage.
    Once you have the info showing the high pings ring
    Tech Support on 1890 923 111 and Log the fault.
    Ask for a ticket number and say you will follow it up with an email.
    Send the Email to support@iol.ie ref the ticket number.
    Attach the tracert info in this email.

It seems to be region specific.
    Esat/BT need at least 5 instances so please do as i suggested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

It seemed ok last night for me (Maynooth).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

Diabolus wrote:
    It was resolved easily once we had the info provided.
    So i ask you to help yourselves.

Oh come the f*ck on. I've called ESAT at _least_ 5 times about sht*te pings to a bloody games server on your OWN damn network. Every time I'm fobbed off with "it must be on your side" and "you didnt provide us with trace route information" whereas I had sent it TWICE.
    Cop the f*ck on an listen to the people who ring up with problems

Daniel, seething

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Adey2002

zoro wrote:
    Oh come the f*ck on. I've called ESAT at _least_ 5 times about sht*te pings to a bloody games server on your OWN damn network. Every time I'm fobbed off with "it must be on your side" and "you didnt provide us with trace route information" whereas I had sent it TWICE.

Daniel, seething

It can be frustrating when people try and fob you off when you call but Diabolus is kindly offering to help out if you call him directly. I think you are being a little harsh with the person kindly offering to help you raise the issue.

• Advertisement

zoro wrote:

Daniel, seething

I dont see why you are quoting me and telling me that.
    If you do as i suggested your problem will hopefully be solved.

Good Luck.

Diabolus wrote:
    Im sure Daniel is on his own in his efforts to ruin the solving of this problem so i will ignore his post as a minority. Most of you know how things work and i hope for your sake (as im not on IOLBB) that you can resolve the issue. If you follow the steps then it shall.
    Apologies - twas an unprovoked outburst ... I really should have waiting until I was calm before I posted. Sorry again.

As Macros said you implied that you were indeed with IOL ...

And "moaney gamer"? Try "moaney gamer that's sick to death of unexplained disconnections, high latency on an internal network, unreliable internal nodes in a link to said server, idiotic 'low level' tech support ppl that refuse to read the history of a problem, and no '2nd level' tech support at weekends despite that fact that the service is still provided and used during those 48 hours."

It wasn't intended to be an ourburst at you - moreso at IOL/Esat themselves.

Daniel

*edit*
    and
    Im sure Daniel is on his own in his efforts to ruin the solving of this problem so i will ignore his post as a minority. Most of you know how things work and i hope for your sake (as im not on IOLBB) that you can resolve the issue. If you follow the steps then it shall.
    ?? :rolleyes:

Well enough of that as it is irrelevant to the issue.
    Call Tech support and add the times and tracerts so they can solve the issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Ladies, ladies. Please.

If anyone's allowed to be a narkey little bolIox, it's me. Please don't steal my thunder.

Diabolus wrote:
    You complain about things but in the wrong places.
    I have complained many times, to many different people in there.
    Call Tech support and add the times and tracerts so they can solve the issue.
    Again, that has been done to death with very little information being sent to me regarding the problem.

Just call them.

Diabolus wrote:
    It was resolved easily once we had the info provided.
    So i ask you to help yourselves.

seems to be sorted now but wouldnt it have made sense to tell this to people when they rang in as apposed to the usual 'not our fault' and 'could be anything, dunno what to do' we normally get.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Diabolus wrote:
    As a great man once said "Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken"

You really shouldn't quote me out of context; makes me look a bit silly :eek:

I've been connected to IOLBB for a whole TWO DAYS ( :p ) and haven't had a prob yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

omfg,this past week has been the worst week ive had with my IOLBB yet. I havent had a day without a dropped connection,in fact right now im on my 56k because my connection is gone. F*cking gobsh*tes wanna get their act together. Ive rang them I dont know how many times and they still have done absoloutely NOTHING

• Advertisement

wow zoro im impressed ur usually such a nice calm bloke. but the rage wooooooowwwwww!!

tho everything u have said is true have called support with all the info and emailed them wit reference numbers but no no no no no joy!!

its gotta improve or its ntl for me.

Advertisement