Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lauren to Real next summer

• 11-12-2004 5:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭

According to the BBC Real Madrid claim Arsenals lauren has signed for them from next summer. With Edu reported to be ready to sign for Barcelona why are a team that has showed so much promise being broken up ?link

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Edu has yet to sign a new contract with arsenal so it wouldnt surprise me at all

But lauren is a surprise, but arent teams not allowed to approach players before the six months window and the president claims he has signed and everything!!!

I think its bull**** and the Perez is just trying to stir **** up again in the Arsenal camp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

Yeah he can't be signed until the six months window before the end of his contract. I don't think its a done deal yet. Would lauren get his game for madrid? He's hardly going to replace salgado. Maybe they'll play him in the centre or else use him as a back up for salgado.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

David19 wrote:
    Yeah he can't be signed until the six months window before the end of his contract. I don't think its a done deal yet. Would lauren get his game for madrid? He's hardly going to replace salgado. Maybe they'll play him in the centre or else use him as a back up for salgado.
    y wud u go to a club to play on the bench? another owen? i hope lauren doesn leave. hopefully its the usual bulls*** that comes from madrid and perez.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Do Real have an obsession with having an inept defence? Never rated Lauren, he's the worst of the current Arsenal back four.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

jank wrote:
    Edu has yet to sign a new contract with arsenal so it wouldnt surprise me at all

But lauren is a surprise, but arent teams not allowed to approach players before the six months window and the president claims he has signed and everything!!!

If they are available on a Bosman they can be approached.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

He could of signed a pre-contract

Makaveli wrote:
    If they are available on a Bosman they can be approached.
    ya but hes not on a bosman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Slash/ED wrote:
    Do Real have an obsession with having an inept defence? Never rated Lauren, he's the worst of the current Arsenal back four.

I wonder is Perez just playing games. His usual tactic is to put the focus on one player while targetting anothe. Campbell would be a more realistic target for Real and while he has said he intends to sign a new contract he has not done so yet AFAIK.

The Muppet wrote:
    I wonder is Perez just playing games. His usual tactic is to put the focus on one player whil targetting anothe. Campbell would be a more realistic target for Real and while he has said he intends to sign a new contract he has not done so yet AFAIK.

Yeah and lets face it, track record has to be taken into account. I wouldn't exactly take Campbell at his word over contracts, I think you could be onto something there.

Slash/ED wrote:
    Yeah and lets face it, track record has to be taken into account. I wouldn't exactly take Campbell at his word over contracts, I think you could be onto something there.
    why wat was he sayin b4 he signed for arsenal?

• Advertisement

Gangsta wrote:
    why wat was he sayin b4 he signed for arsenal?

If I remember rightly he kept saying he was close to agreeing a deal with Spurs and would sign soon and then just went and signed for Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Lauren is one of the most consistent right backs in Europe. He is brilliant for Arsenal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

If they are over 28 and thier contract is more than 2 years old they can be approached at any time.
    Problem solved.
    His contract isnt protected.

Advertisement