Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pda & gps

Options
  • 11-12-2004 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

have any company like tomtom etc.. brought out a gps navigation unit yet that has maps for ireland ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Do you mean the software itself or actual hardware???

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Yeah loads of them have irish maps of varying quality. Been using an XDA and bluetooth GPS but havn't found any really good soft yet. Been writing my own apps that use it though which is cool.

Presume you have tried Mapopolis....
    I use that, also use Medion Navigator on one PDA and have Smart ST (Navman) on another, but its only US maps.....need to get Euro maps on that one

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

im actually looking for both . i saw that dell have one that comes with a irish map but i dont know how good it is . basicly i was looking for one simular to tomtom uk as ive seen that one in action and think its pritty good . but cant find anyone in ireland that can show me one that has a lot of info on the maps . or could find aquard places in ireland outside of dublin

well the support for irish maps is still in the dark ages

the only one i have found so far with any reasonable support for the whole country is mapopolis

Its free to download and there are demo maps also. Worth a shot
    www.mapopolis.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement