Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Human Error&fatality

• 12-12-2004 12:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has seen many events in there life which should be up for a stupidity award. I'll start it off with something I saw when I was younger.
    I was out with friends up to mischief and we found a box of Hilti bullets used in nail guns or something similar, anyway one of the lads decided to bring some home and we found out the next day that he was rushed into hospital after trying to take apart one with a nail and vise-scrips<spelling>. Anyway he blew the tops of 3 of his fingers off.
    Just wondering if anyone has seen anything similar :D .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,732 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

ya have to actually die to get a darwin award afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

As long as you remove your ability to contribute to the gene pool, you're eligable. Castrating yourself is perfect grounds for a Darwin Award, I believe...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Near-death is an honourable mention I think. But I couldn't be too sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Oh, once when my family were flying to Florida, we stopped off en route in some tiny airport in Canada (it made Farranfore look like Heathrow). Anyways, they told us the plane was being refuelled, so we went into the terminal building, and my sister bought some cheap cigarettes.

After a while passed, the plane was finished refuelling, and we walked out towards it (none of those fancy walk-on tubes, we had to walk outside). We were the last ones to leave the terminal, and we could see some impatient looking people watching us from the plane as we walked across the concrete.

Anyways, there's a really strong smell of kerosene in the air, the air is shimmery from it, we're right under the plane, and what does my (blonde) sister do? Takes out her box of cigarettes and lights up, right there.

I slapped her across the face, knocked the cigarette to the ground and stamped on it in one fluid motion. We boarded the plane to a round of applause.

I don't know to this day was it for her or for me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

nice one. that would have been worth positive rep if they hadn't got rid of it! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

yes, but negative rep for mentioning it

Advertisement