Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iriver h120

• 12-12-2004 12:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭

im after one of these does anybody know anywhere that has these in stock?

Cant find anywhere.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

http://www.mx2.co.uk/acatalog/MX2_co_uk_MP3_Players_50.html

but i don't know if they are in stock or not, ring them on monday to find out.

i bought an h140 from there couple weeks back it's really great.

i'd advise you to pay the extra £20 and get the h140 as it's twice the capacity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

its in stock now for 320, delivered, is it really worth paying that much for?

I was going to get the zen micro, im confused now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

how you know its in stock? you know if the 140 is?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,333 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I agree with cremo - double the capacity on the h140, and I got mine from mx2 a few weeks ago for €345

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Are they the real expensive ones with colour and all that? I want one of them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

The H100 series is no longer being advertised on the iriver site. You're probably better off going for a H300 series, if you can afford it. Picture browsing, usb device hosting (eg cameras/usb sticks), and video(!) are all reasons to choose it over the older series.

davej

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The H1's have optical the H3's do not, many would still prefer the H1's for this reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

there in stock in peats! hurry they only have a few left! i got my baby though!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

rubadub wrote:
    The H1's have optical the H3's do not, many would still prefer the H1's for this reason

I don't understand that. You'd rip your CD's on the PC and transfer them. What else would you use the optical for?

Do the H300 record in anything other than MP3? I prefer the look of the H100's though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭padraigf

id say you use it to record from a decent stereo/ps2/whatever. dont know but im assuming that the player does the encoding to mp3 for u, from whatever it being played into the optical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

yeah the iriver will do the mp3 conversion for you. Most people will use a PC for this but its handy when recording things like DVD audio straight from a DVD player.
    I also use the optical out on mine to play back through the optical in on my amp

padraigf wrote:
    id say you use it to record from a decent stereo/ps2/whatever. dont know but im assuming that the player does the encoding to mp3 for u, from whatever it being played into the optical.

Why not stick the media in the PC
    yeah the iriver will do the mp3 conversion for you. Most people will use a PC for this but its handy when recording things like DVD audio straight from a DVD player.
    I also use the optical out on mine to play back through the optical in on my amp

Why not rip the Audio on the PC. Is there a reason you'd want to do it realtime?

Playback fair enough, but if you encoded it, then you've lowered the quality anyway. Analog would be good enough then?

I would rip media rather than use optical in. Optical out is what many are after. You can just plug it into a decent surround sound system, even the cheap ones have optical in. That is what I wanted rather than buying a stereo and surround sound system put all the money into a good surround system and all my albums are on the H120 giving sound comparable to a decent stereo setup.

I don't know if DJ's can use optical in to record or guys on soundboards at gigs.

Can the H120 record in better than MP3?

It can record as wav files which are cd quality. Does up to 320kps mp3

Also the H3xx series doesnt record to wav.

Some may prefer optical input so you can record copy protected cds as full quality wav files.

rubadub wrote:
    It can record as wav files which are cd quality. Does up to 320kps mp3

Also the H3xx series doesnt record to wav.

Some may prefer optical input so you can record copy protected cds as full quality wav files.

Theres no difference between optical and ripping the CD though. The thing that would make me pick the H120 over the H320 would be that it records WAV whereas iRiver said they would add that to the H320 later. I prefer the look of the H320 though. But then the H120 comes with a remote. Ummm which to choose.

Have you held a 320. First time I saw one I didn't recognise it, thought it looked very cheap like a €10 kids game unit. Still I don't care too much about what it looks like. Only the "lite" version of the 320 has no remote. I still don't think it is worth the extra price over the 120. Depends on what you want though, I got good stereo microphones to record gigs with, recording to wav is far better for editing later on, and I have no desire for the colour screen.
    The H120's are officially not on sale anymore in the US, some are selling for above cost on ebay, so make your mind up soon!

The H120 looks like a giant dictaphone to be honest. The H320 looks better, but still its no looker. Do you need a driver to mount the H120 as a HD. You don't with the H320. I agree about the WAV. Though its meant to be added to the H300's eventually.

You only need the driver on 98. I used my H120 to save a mate pc, explorer wouldnt load up but I was able to save all his settings with XP using it as a removable HD, very handy.
    the 320 also lets you save to it direct from USB, i.e. if on holidays you could back up your cameras memory to the 320 and wipe the card over and over with no need for a PC. the 120 doesnt do this AFAIK

Thats handy. But the lack of wav recording (now) and digital out, and also the joystick is a big drawback. Its also more expensive with a worse remote. The USB charging is handy though. Grrr why can't someone get it right! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement