Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your best moment of 2004

• 12-12-2004 3:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

I know there's a couple of weeks left but what do you feel was your high point for 2004?
    I would say mine was getting through the Leaving Cert with the points I needed.
    I don't envy those who still have to go through that exam.I'm just glad I got through it alright. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

think it was the day I found out I got my postgrad.. I was in shock.. so needed much alcohol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

I suppose going on holidays to Lanzarote or getting my college results and knowing I'll be going back to college for another year. Theres probably a few more I cant think of at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

probably getting the keys to my first house

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Getting my leaving cert results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

when the Doctor told me I didn't have worms anymore, it was the happiest day of my life

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭bigpinkelephant

Getting my exam results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

last night. was at a hawaiian themed 21st. me ex was there with her fella. the old spark came back and we got flirtin and the fella got so pissed off apparently! it was great!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

jerking off for the first time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

it sure as **** wasn't the indelible mental image of Az jerking off in the shower :eek:

getting my iPod or pc (i'm a material girl tbh)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Getting out of hospital after a 2 month visit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Evilution

There's loads.

Getting a tour of mountjoy and ending up IN with the prisoners. Certainly dodgy, but totally f**king cool too.
    Getting great exam results and going into 3rd year in Uni.
    Having a laugh in the states over the summer.
    The moment where the pain from an abcess (spl?) in my tooth ended. Post-orgasmic, it has to be said.
    Chucking in my job in Roches Stores to go to the states. Ah, bliss.
    Finally telling my friends girlfriend what I really thought of her instead of playing happy families all the time.
    Knocking the snot out of some wanker in a dublin niteclub who took a swing at me for no reason.
    Getting all my 3rd year electives in Uni.
    Walking down Broadway in New York on a warm July day, taking in the sights.
    Sitting out a rain shower on the steps of the Guggenheim museum, again in NYC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Invader Zim

The_B_Man wrote:
    last night. was at a hawaiian themed 21st. me ex was there with her fella. the old spark came back and we got flirtin and the fella got so pissed off apparently! it was great!!

You're a bitter man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭T "real deal" J

Liverpool scoring in the last minute against Arsenal. Shot out of no-where MELLOR. Best moment of my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭captainplanet

waking up in my friends attic (not knowing where i was)
    having a 7 year old boy that i used to look after, dance for me whilst his sister sang (sk8or boi) made funnier by the fact that he cant dance, just wobbled.
    my boyfriend surprising me with a picnic.
    filling a room full of balloons and then contemplating how best to travel to east wall with them.

good times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Passing my repeats
    Metallica live, June 25th :)
    Passing my black tag in TKD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Failing college and then being let into second year cos i begged :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Finding out my sister is pregnant for the first time and seeing her face when she told us. :)

being told I would be keeping my leg (after being told I was gonna lose it this year if I kept smoking, so I quit after 17 years), (PS: Im only 27, so all you young smokers, be warned, its not all scaremongering after all) ;)

Oh, and catching my first ever bus! lol ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Watching my son being born.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭jacko

Beckhams penalty in Euro 2004. best moment of my life bar none... every time i see Engerland play i cant stop humming... up up and away in my beautiful, my beautiful baloon....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

my exam results which i was very happy with (graduation today as it happens)

holiday around europe one highlight of which was sitting drinking beer just outside red square

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭McClane

Gnome 2.8 :cool:
    Ireland hammering the Aussies in the Internarnational Rules. I hate those clean shaven, tanned muscular bastards!
    Beckhams penalty in Euro 2004

Yeah that rocked.
    the old spark came back and we got flirtin and the fella got so pissed off apparently! it was great!!

LOL.

A great one is to act as nice as possible to him but with a dirty sly grin on your face anytime you mention your ex and you meeting since ye broke up. Priceless

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

So many good memories, 2004 was a brilliant year:

My best friend having her first baby.
    Meeting my boyfriend.
    Getting my new car.
    Going to see the LOTR exhibit in London.
    The fun girlie trips to Galway!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Kersh

Winning 2 championships in circuit racing this year. Well worth the effort :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

I've several;

* meeting the girl I'm seeing
    * buying my harley davidson
    * finishing building my own guitar
    * moving into my own apartment
    * finally got into a field of work I always wanted to get into
    * seeing A Perfect Circle live for the first time
    * Going to the Monaco GP for the first time

2004 has EASILY been the best year of my life ever.... after so many **** years battling depression & drug problems - this year has been the cherry!!!

::: ven0mous :::

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Can't think of too many, it's been a dreary year. Probably my first experience of white widow grass. Either that or finally moving into a house with people I really seem to get on with (just scraped in for the year, moved in last weekend!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Exam results? Yis really are a boring lot if thats your highlight. "Oh great,got 500 points to do a course that i wont even end up working in the same field of in 10 years" For me it was an anti climax-we were ****ed onto the streets by midnight thanks to the ****e opening hours

Anyway,best time was in a muddy field in Kildare moshin as wu tang clan played Gravel Pit at Oxegen
    Most of the rest of their set is a blur,thank you very much synthetic drugs. Only recall bits of it
    The dance arena there was the happiest place on planet earth,on a whole probably the best weekend of my life,a drug and alcohol fuelled blur of rap and dance

Other highlights
    House party I unintentionally held when ida free gaff. Tore the mother****ing roof of,twas truly the stuff of legend. The gaff got wrecked,money and one or two cds were robbed by skangers.....but the madness far outweighed the badness. Snoop Doggs song Gin and Juice is what happened to a t,as in lyrically speaking it was all a rather similiar portrayal. Bitches in the livin room etc. Madness
    Also
    Movin out of the parents gaff
    Movin back to Dublin
    Night after "graduation" from school(y`know,the last night mass thing,not the american type). There was alot of drink taken
    The early hours of last New Years Day. Legend of a night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

-> My holiday in New Zealand (Bungy jumping, white water rafting, snowboarding)

-> Everton beating Liverpool on Saturday :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

mmm

*Getting my exam results (i was fully sure i failed, but i got on grand).
    *Spending so many great nights up drinking/talking with my roommates, who are all my best mates as well. Even though we all made fools out of ourselves multiple times, yer all great
    *Making a film, that turned out reasonable enough too.
    *Playing Half Life 2 (finally) and saying cool every few minutes (yes that is sad).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Getting my first car.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

* Passing my driving test 1st go
    * Holidays in Spain
    * Handing in my notice to my old job, and having my ex boss begging and throwing money at me to stay.
    * Final Whistle when Cork City beat NEC Nijmegen to progress in Europe.

2004 has been a great year for me, and its not over yet. Heres hoping 2005 is as good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

It was a good year....lots of cool concerts, weekends away, moving away for college, moving in with the coolest girls ever, making lots of new friends....main thing was someone I've loved for a long time finally realising he felt the same way :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I rescued a burning building from an orphan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

I rescued a burning building from an orphan.

Well done you....damn those pesky orphans!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

From the moment I got on a train headed towards Sallins station for Oxegen till when I left the station in Kildare was the best weekend I've ever had-four days of drug/drink fuelled madness.

Moving up to college,the nights out that went along with that and the new mates I've made along the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

ClareBear wrote:
    Well done you....damn those pesky orphans!
    Always gettin' themselves into trouble *shakes fist*

Actually, I reckin the best moment for me was starting to understand what was going on in college...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

getting laid for the first time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Spending 3 weeks with my girlfriend, after not seeing her for 3 months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

My high points?
    Havin a right drunk laugh for the first month and a bit with some brill one night thingies!!! ;)
    Getting a pet chipmunk and a kickass job for 6 months! :)
    Gettin into 3rd year! :)
    Gettin 93% on an assignment from a nasty lecturer! :p
    HIGHest point meeting my fantastic boyfriend!!! :D:D:D:D

Low points,
    being ripped away from my fella for a long distance relationship for six months :(:(:(:(:(:(:( that was horrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Getting back to college
    The drunken nights with the house mates :)

Can't think of much else atm.

Cheers
    Rory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

gotta go with getting back to college.
    - getting a B in programming after almost failing it semester1!
    -- spending the summer with my g/f after not seeing her for 6 months.
    --- 6 months car insurance for a 21yo male on 1st provisonal being on €760 :)
    ---- having some craic with my housemates.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

Hanging off a cliff of ice under Ben Nevis in Scotland and summiting my first alpine route in france.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Spending a week doing what I love, getting it very handy, and getting paid for it at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Spending a week doing what I love, getting it very handy, and getting paid for it at the end.
    Wow. So how much sperm had you donated by the end of the week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Wow. So how much sperm had you donated by the end of the week?
    It was also my most abstinent week of the entire year :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Wait hang on...you weren't in a seminary were you???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

mine wud have been seeing my choir techer gettin slapped down about 12 steps, cos the class b4 dat she had given me detention 4 laughin! :D

Advertisement