Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

the prodigy

• 12-12-2004 3:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭

just got in from the gig in the olympia and have to say i was very very disappointed. the set was pretty ****, real agro and the crowd was full of agressive dirtbags as well. a lot of people left early cause there were fights in standing. i was in standing and and went upstairs to seating cause it was getting really violent.
    before someone says 'oh it was a prodigy concert what do you expect?, it's gonna be rowdy' -Don't- There's a difference between something being atmospheric and just fooking annoying.
    they played nothing from experience, their law and poison from jilted, smack my..., breath, firestarter and mine field from fotl and the rest from aono. wish i'd gone to the old skool night in bassbin instead!
    maybe it's just me, but it seems like the prodigy arent the same band they were, and i know a band should always reinvent and renew themselves but when they lose touch with what it's really about it's time to call it a day.
    Leeroy's djing on the other hand was very good, pretty impressed with him.
    anyway thats my opinion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

were you REALLY expecting them to be good?????

theyre DIRT live

anyone who bought a ticket deserved to be disappointed, its the only way theyll learn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Helix wrote:
    theyre DIRT live

I've seen them before and they were amazing but from the sound of the setlist I don't think I'll be enjoying the gig tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

my mate won the tickets so it was no great loss, another mate was going tonight but i advised him to sell his tickets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

According to the MCD site [just noticed it on the RSS feed] they shall be playing at Oxegen.

Im still waiting on a decent band to sign up for Oxegen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Just back from the Prodigy gig and it was better than expected. Good vibe going but halfway through the set the material lost steam. The encore was excellent though, Poison, Mindfields, Smack My Bitch Up and Out of Space. That's right, OUT OF SPACE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

what? why did sunday get out of space? damn them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭BCB

I wasnt there but ive also heard that it was brutal and there were fights at it...load of bollox that im glad i didnt go now,long be the days when they were actually a decent outfit..fond memories of NYE 93 in the Point Depot..not worth a **** now....... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Saturday must have been a load of sh1te, because Sunday was savage. I wouldn't say they've quite redeemed themselves, but it was a hell of a lot better than I expected.

For all the begrudgers:

OUT OF SPACE

IN YOUR FACKING FACE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Sunday rocked

(from what I can remember) :)

I thought the place was going to come down at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Kersh

As I posted elsewhere, I thought Saturday was pure sh1te, mainly due to the length of the set i.e. short.
    Defo not worth 44 quid, but at least I didnt pay for the ticket :D .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭clairey

just saw this thread now! explains the late reply!! i had the best night on sunday!!! thought it was brilliant, they must have made a better effort for the sunday crew!! ;) hehehe

Advertisement