Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Global Frequency

Options
  • 12-12-2004 4:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭

So I was dying for this series to make it on air since it was announced as a pilot in Spring 2004. It just sounded so cool!
    This show, Global Frequency revolves around an independent defense intelligence organization connected by a worldwide telecommunications web that uses ordinary individuals as agents around the world to fight black ops projects, unexplained phenomena and other problems the government agencies have.

A worldwide independent defense intelligence organization with a thousand and one agents, all over the world. Anyone you know might be with them. It's the world's little open secret. You could be sitting there watching the news and suddenly hear an unusual cellphone tone, and within moments you might see your neighbor leaving the house in a hurry, wearing a jacket or a shirt with the distinctive Global Frequency symbol... or, hell, your girlfriend might answer the phone, and then put on her Global Frequency badge and promise to explain later... for all you know, they have your file, and you'll be recruited next... anyone could be on the Global Frequency, and you'd never know until they got the call...

...from Aleph, central dispatcher for the Global Frequency, getting her orders from Miranda Zero, creator and operator of the organization. Not her real name, but the only one you're getting. Her real name and identity were erased from the world's records the moment she went into business for herself. Global Frequency is run on the cash she made doing bad things in the Nineties, and on the hush money paid her by the G-8 industrialized nations for...

...for what the Global Frequency does. Clearing up after the 20th Century. Keeping an eye on the bad mad things in the dark that the public never found out about. All the black projects, the mad science, the chilly encounters with the unknown, the Cold War traps... they're all sitting there like landmines. Eventually someone will trip over one of them. Global Frequency are there to catch them when they fall, and defuse the mines before they explode into mainstream consciousness and cause more pain and horror than they already have...
    Are you on the Global Frequency?

A pilot was commissioned for The WB, with a potential committment for 13 episodes and a mid-season debut in March 2005. Last month The WB announced they wouldn't order any episodes past the pilot :mad:

I was able to deal until J. Michael Straczynski ("Babylon 5") revealed in the "rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated" newsgroup earlier this week that he had been in talks to come aboard the drama as an executive producer should it have gone to series: "I'd met with the people involved, been approved by the network, went by to meet Warren [Ellis] during filming in Vancouver, who seemed like a very nice sort, and was waiting for the next round of serious conversations... but the show has not been picked up by WB. I know they're shopping it elsewhere, so we'll see, but for now, at least, that's that. (I have to say, by the way, that the pilot script is probably the smartest script I've ever read. It could really be one hell of a series.)"

How cool would it have been with JMS as Executive Producer...well unless they manage to get it picked up anywhere else, we'll never know :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

Actually, I think it sounds pretty ****.

Bring back Dark Skies tbh. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Bring back Dark Skies tbh.

The series are entirely different, but whatever :rolleyes:

Advertisement