Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

didn't they have enough of WWII games?

Options
  • 12-12-2004 7:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭

I just read at gamespot, that COD II is in production, anyone know if it will be about WWII again?

IMHO, something modern should be done, with new realistic weapons, I'm tired of Vietman and WWII war games

I will still buy COD II and play it with please though

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭dublin_apache

CyberGhost wrote:
    I just read at gamespot, that COD II is in production, anyone know if it will be about WWII again?

IMHO, something modern should be done, with new realistic weapons, I'm tired of Vietman and WWII war games

I will still buy COD II and play it with please though

Have you ever played any of the Ghost Recon games ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭Sand

It would be too risky I think to switch settings like that. Theyre most likely to stay with the tried, tested and profitable.

Ya, I got sick of them yonks ago. Theres only so many times you can get shot up on some ****ing beach.

Well you could try all those Marine games they have out about now - Full Spectrum Warrior and First to Fight or somesuch. FSW is some squad based tactical game so maybe thats not your cup of tea, but First to Fight is supposed to be a FPS of a sort so who knows.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Is COD 2 confirmed as a WWII game?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

BF2 should be out March next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

..mmmmm.... bf2 lovelyness..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I find that WWII games are much more emotionally involving than any of the present or futuristic FPS games. World War 2 is probably the last modern war. Any wars that have come after it have been a more technologically advanced army annihilating the opposition (exception vietnam). Can't really feel that emotional for the Yanks during Vietnam of subsequent wars. So what i'm saying is that I'd love another WWII game. Especially if michael giachiano does the soundtrack again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Emotionally involving? COD? heh, good luck, its just a mindless action game in the same way MoH is, it being WW2 doesnt make it in anyway though provoking or meaningful. Im kinda sick of WW2 games myself, theres very very few even worth looking at twice, and 90% of them are 99% the same (CoD and MoH are the among these 90%), its not that theres too many of them, its simply their all the same.

Advertisement