Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best REAL Holy Sh*t moments

• 12-12-2004 2:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭

Im not talkin about planded spots where somone falls of somthing and land on a convieniently placed destructable box. Im talking about stuff like Bock missing the shooting star @ WMXIX and Litas suicide dive on Raw last week or Kurts multiple failed attempt at putting Shano Mac through the Glass at the King of the Ring a few years ago. Anyone got anymore?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

Brock WM19
    Shane O'Mac at King of the Ring
    Sids leg break
    Yer man that jumped off the scaffolding and landed on the ropes
    Owen Harts piledriver on Austin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

How about Michaels getting busted open at Wrestlemania XX on the ring post or when he used a blade on his forehead at Survivor Series 2003 and lost an incredible amount of blood.Likewise for Eddie at Judgment Day this year against JBL.The blood lost by both these men was amazing.

Also what about the time on Raw when La Resistance went to put Spike through the table on the outside but they messed up and instead his head only clipped the table and his whole body hit the floor outside.That was nasty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I remember once on Raw, I think it was the Dudleys vs RVD, and Rob had Bubba Ray set up on a table near the turnbuckle, but he went to do a frog splash off the opposite one. Bubba Ray rolled off the table, but Rob didn't jump far enough, and he ended up smackin his face off the edge of the table, and the whole thing flipped over and landed on top of him. He appeared to be alright, but I was worried when I saw it, he could have easily broken his neck, the table only chipped, didn't actually break

I forgot to mention
    HHH ****ing up his finnisher on some jobber years ago and Chris Benoit breaking Sabus neck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

I forgot to mention
    HHH ****ing up his finnisher on some jobber years ago and Chris Benoit breaking Sabus neck.

nope it was the jobber that messed up, he thought HHH was going for a butterfly suplex

Anyway cant believe no-one has mentioned Hell in a Cell - Mankind vs Undertaker - 1st bump planned, but 2nd bump - damn!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

1 - Hell in a Cell - Mankind vs Undertaker
    2 - WM17 - TLC2, i still go wow everytime I view it
    3 - Brock screwing up the shooting star
    4 - Sids leg break
    5 - brock, big show ring collapse smackdown last year
    6 - most stuff from czw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Ph3n0m wrote:

Anyway cant believe no-one has mentioned Hell in a Cell - Mankind vs Undertaker - 1st bump planned, but 2nd bump - damn!!!!!!!

Hear, Hear,

KOTR '98 with Foley is the all time greatest holy s**t moment

Ph3n0m wrote:
    nope it was the jobber that messed up, he thought HHH was going for a butterfly suplex

Yes you are right, my mistake.

By the way, was the second bump in HIAC between Taker and Foley not also planned?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Yes you are right, my mistake.

By the way, was the second bump in HIAC between Taker and Foley not also planned?

No, the chokeslam obviously was, but him falling through the cage was not.

The "Have a nice day" book , the "Beyond the mat" documentary and "Mick Foley's Greatest hits and misses" dvd all have good reports of what was supposed to happen and what did happen.

• Advertisement

Yeah I read Have a nice day and saw Beyond the mat on Sky Movies a few years ago, but for some reason I dont remember those parts.

Thanks for clearing it up for me though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Unit00

Angle Vs Benoit in a cage on RAW in 2001. Moonsaults & flying headbutts from the top of the cage. That was impressive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

How about Michaels getting busted open at Wrestlemania XX on the ring post or when he used a blade on his forehead at Survivor Series 2003 and lost an incredible amount of blood.Likewise for Eddie at Judgment Day this year against JBL.The blood lost by both these men was amazing.

Also what about the time on Raw when La Resistance went to put Spike through the table on the outside but they messed up and instead his head only clipped the table and his whole body hit the floor outside.That was nasty.

sorry to tell you but I was at mania and on the side of the turnbuckle he went into and he had his forehead slit before he hit, just a little bit though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

What about Lita on Raw this past week! HOLY SH!T! It was like a skateboard plunge ow!

Hurricaine getting thrown out of a battle royal and landing really awkwardly on one of his legs

I haven't seen this so I can't say if it was an accident or not but there was a bit in a recent TNA show where a wrestler tried walking across the top of the cage and I think he may have fell but I'm not sure!...he may have jumped all I saw was him walking across then a screen came up with a "quote best match ever" and the sound a smash

When Jazz was just out of it on the apron on Raw and the commentators didn't even say anything about it

Obviously the death of Owen Hart but thats more of a given

When HHH came down on Angle head I think it was either at a Summerslam or a King Of The Ring a few years ago they were on a table and it gave way before HHH could do the pedigree so he fell on Angles head and gave him a concussion

Tazz breaking Sabu's neck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Kencu

To be fair i dont think that F*ck ups should be called holy Sh*t moments. I guess if you are tho Taka getting thrown out of the ring at the Rumble and landing on his face was kind of crazy, until they kept replaying it and making a joke out of it.

A great Holy Sh*t sopt tho, had to be Rikishi's splash off the cage! Goddammit! And lets not forget Malenko's top rope DDT on Scotty! Goddamn what a finish! Savage show that Judgement day. I actually think that my first REAL holy Sh*t moment and still the biggest IMO has to be Hogan slamming Andre! Considering that was in the days of Kafabe it was insane!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭cannonballkid

Lesnars F-5 on Shannon moore.
    Lesnars missed Shooting Star.
    Kidmans shooting star on chavo.
    Mick Foleys second fall in the hell in a cell match with taker

Advertisement