Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

X-Factor's gotta be rigged...!!

• 12-12-2004 2:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭

How did that ars*hole Steve win X-Factor?

It was bad enough with Tabby being kicked out last week... but Steve winning was just beyond a joke!

G4 deserved to win based on their 'Bohemian Rhapsody' cover alone in my opinion!

Steve's been sticking to these old soul songs by black singers all alone. His cover of Jackie Wilson's 'Higher & Higher' wasn't terrible but his other two songs (especially his Christmas single, 'Against All Odds') was absolute sh*te!

Ah well... it is typically the runners-up that do better in the music scene!

Best of luck to Tabby and G4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,710 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

steve was class nice bloke too

oh right his last song was crap but overall he deservered to win

and that bitch sharon should have kept her opinans to her self

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I'm sure that he'll turn into an arsehole like Cowell

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Was so sure G4 would've bet Steve. He was nothing compared to G4. But G4 will end up with a huge carer, while Steve will end up a one-hit blunder.

There was an interview with Simon Cowell.... He said that he wouldn't give a record deal to G4.... If they didn't win, they don't get a deal. I'm sure it's in their agreement to go on to the show that no other record company can sign them up.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 stripes_333

TOTALLY AGREE. Poor Tabby and Roberta who got voted out early. she was wicked.

but of course: the dull, boring, average nobody triumphed.

LOVED Sharons outburst at him tho. she knew he would win, so she just let rip. he's so scared of her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I'm sure it's in their agreement to go on to the show that no other record company can sign them up.

Only for a period of say 3 months after I'd imagine.

Who knows

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Couldnt believe Steve won either - G4 and Tabby were much better!

Wont be watching next years series anyway!

snoopdog wrote:

and that bitch sharon should have kept her opinans to her self

I think that's what Sharon was there for... to give her opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Steve deserved it.

Tabbys face would turn milk sour.

Sharon Osbourne showed her true colours - what a f-ing sh*t

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

BuffyBot wrote:
    Only for a period of say 3 months after I'd imagine.

isnt tabby signing with sharon? i'd say louis will try and make a bit of money out of g4 himself.

Kali wrote:
    isnt tabby signing with sharon? i'd say louis will try and make a bit of money out of g4 himself.

Well Sharon will be his manager but there are supposed to be lots of recording contractors wanting him in the US.

BolBill wrote:
    Steve deserved it.

Sorry but you must be deaf if you think Steve deserved more than G4 and Tabby.

Steve deserved it because he got the most votes :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

Give the guy a break he won he received more votes get over it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

G4 (apparently) have already been offered a contract with Sony, with Louis Walsh managing.

I'd imagine Tabby will swing a contract somewhere, possibly with Sharon as his manager. If not, he can always go back and do what he was doing before :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

I have to say that I'm surprised at the amount of G4 fans here. I really thought it had to be the granny brigade voting for them every week (same as for your man Kilbane in "You're (not really) a Star". At least Steve is bland enough to be easily ignored. But that G4 lot make me wanna slit my wrists or (preferrably) their wrists!! And as for seeing more of that little weazil Walsh... :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

I have to say that I'm surprised at the amount of G4 fans here. I really thought it had to be the granny brigade voting for them every week

If rep were still around, I'd slaughter you with so much neg rep right now! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

basquille wrote:
    How did that ars*hole Steve win X-Factor?

G4 deserved to win based on their 'Bohemian Rhapsody' cover alone in my opinion!

Steve's been sticking to these old soul songs by black singers all alone. His cover of Jackie Wilson's 'Higher & Higher' wasn't terrible but his other two songs (especially his Christmas single, 'Against All Odds') was absolute sh*te!

Ah well... it is typically the runners-up that do better in the music scene!

Very good semtiments, I agree 100%, I think sharon fcuked it up for G4 with her (true) comment that Steve was fake and he got the symphaty vote. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

In all honesty who the hell would buy g4's album or steve's for that matter,they will both be short lived!

• Advertisement

WOOOO, the BBC got 1,000,000 more viewers then that piece of crap X-factor. Pity it got more viewers for Strictly Come Dancing :)

Maybe my job is safe!

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

G4 what a bunch of cocks two queen covers is setting your stall out a bit too early really
    ,however the whole thing isnt rigged its just geared towards maintaining current marketable stereotypes :
    tabby is going to be marketed as an alternative/pop kelly osbourne /busted type act, G4 as some kind of groovy classical rock crossover that even your granny loves & steve is another robbie/willyoung/mickeyjoeharte smiling singing cheeky monkey .........................

Tabby should be marketed like Kelly Osbourne, ugly and talentless whose best bet is a cover version.

Another reason Steve won is because Sharon Osbourne is a bint :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Morgans

i havent seen the final few episodes but I think its funny that Steve won, as he is a fine singer, etc etc, but the one thing he lacks is the X Factor. No Charisma whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 maherw2

In all likelihood,none of them will be remembered in three months.I've seen it once and not one of them has any real talent.The sooner these shows get pulled from the schedules the better imo.Their responsible for giving the likes of Will Young exposure which in itself is a good reason to stop these shows.

Advertisement