Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flash MX in a HTML file? Can it be done?

Options
  • 12-12-2004 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Please help me, i have a project to do in work and i am having trouble finishing it, it is in Flash MX on Windows (XP)... if you are familiar with flash you will know how to get your work Published, and then you can simply send the .swf file to your colleges and all that...

my problem is however that i want to send a web page and when people open the web page that the flash file will be there...

i have made a game (for work) and my bosses want to send out a .html file with the game in it... can anyone help?

new user by the way, Hello World

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

In Dreamweaver:

Insert > Media > Flash

Not in Dreamweaver:

[HTML]<object width="550" height="400">
    <param name="movie" value="somefilename.swf">
    <embed src="somefilename.swf" width="550" height="400">
    </embed>
    </object>[/HTML]

Remember to incude the swf file with the HTML file when sending it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Big P

wow, that has to be the worst way of explaining imbedding a flash movie in a HTML file :P
    Anyway the correct way to embed a movie is as so:
    [html]
    <object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="/banner.swf" width="392" height="72">
    <param name="movie" value="banner.swf" />
    </object>
    [/html]

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

wow, thanks, you're such a nice person to correct me, and in such a nice tone too.

I think you should get in contact with w3schools.com and tell them their way of embedding a flash file is incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

Perhaps I'm reading the original post wrongly, but it sounds as though utilitarian wants to embed the actual flash code within the html page, as you can do with a multipart MIME document with content ID (a la html email ). And doesn't want to provide a zip with 2 files, or external link.

I don't know that you can though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I hate to suggest something that uses Internet Explorer but it provides a solution:

In IE you can save a web page as a single file (.mht I think). It does a sort of MIME encoding, like an email.
    If your company uses IE you could create a mht file (create a page on your machine that references the sfw file - like examples given earlier). Then save the page as a single unit.
    Of course this will NOT work for other browsers, afaik.

Why is it not sufficient to send out the swf file? Does the player not launch standalone swf files? Users could be directed to launch the attachment (swf file) or at the most detach it and double click it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement