Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Wing Mirror Replacing

Options
  • 12-12-2004 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭

Common story I suppose. Some fuucking scumbag kicked or punched my mirror off the passenger side of the car last night and smashed it.

Any idea on how much this will cost?

It's a Mazda Demio. Nothing fancy so there's no electronics in it just the basic mirror.

Would the best thing be to go back to the main dealers and get it done there or could one be picked up secondhand somewhere?
    Demio things would be hard to come by I'd say maybe.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Try a scrap yard. Failing that order one from your local motor factors.

Going to your dealer will cost you a FORTUNE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Demios don't exactly sell so a breakers yard is unlikely to yeild a result, though no harm in trying of course. Before assuming the dealer price will be outrageous give them a call, as its got no electrics the price might be okay.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

I would look for one in this order -

1. Phone a few local car dismantlers
    2. Price it with local motor factors
    3. Call Traynors (or other N.Ireland dismantlers)
    (might also be worth pricing with N.I or UK main dealers)

...........as a last resort I would go to a local Mazda main dealer !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭AB03

I work for a mazda main dealer in the parts dept.
    The price on a demio mirror is fairly reasonable.
    If the mirror housing is just black (not painted) and its not electric, then it should cost about 50 or 60 euro or thereabouts. We do sell a good few demio bits aswell btw.
    It would probably have to be ordered but would be availiable in 1 working day from any mazda garage. Make sure you have your chassis number handy if yer ever ringin a main dealer for parts also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭AB03

That price is for the mirror housing + glass btw. And not including labour to fit it, i dunno if you just need the glass or the glass + housing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

That's reasonable enough for a full OEM part I suppose.

@aw - Can you can fit it yourself because the dreaded labour cost will probably be the price of the mirror again :rolleyes:

DC.

Advertisement