Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ballygowan ad song

• 12-12-2004 5:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭

Anyone know the name of the song in the Ballygowan ad? It's driving me batty!

"I was dancing since I was twelve" etc...

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

"Cosmic Dancer" by T. Rex. It's the second track from their 1971 album "Electric Warrior".

There ya go smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

A-ha!

Thanks very much!
    I thought it was a T Rex song!
    Now I can sleep tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

ixoy wrote:
    "Cosmic Dancer" by T. Rex. It's the second track from their 1971 album "Electric Warrior"
    ... and every time I hear the song I always hear "this is ground control to major Tom, you've really made the grade" in my head.

Yeah, they do seem to blend into one another!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 _DarkestBlack_

Might be interested to know that david bowe and morrisey did a cover of the song. Perhaps thats why it sounds like starman.

DB

• Advertisement

That's interesting Darkest...
    Also, I suppose Marc Bolan and Bowie has similar styles in the 70s

Advertisement