Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Status of PSP preorder through Lik Sang

Options
  • 12-12-2004 5:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi all

Of those of you who have pre ordered a PSP through Lik Sang, how many of you have actually received the email that you need to ‘reply to’ in order to confirm that you want the unit shipped from the first batch, whatever the cost?

l received the first mail, yesterday at around 2PM (GMT) that said:

You will very soon receive another email with the subject "PSP Confirmation"
    when your PSP is allocated to you and the exact price is known. It is
    important that you reply to the "PSP Confirmation" email as fast as possible
    in order to get your PSP from the first batch.

There is no need to reply right now, as this email only contains information
    how you can prepare best to get your system shipped in time.

But since then nothing and I was expecting to get the second email way before now (it’s currently 4pm (GMT) on 12th December, which makes it 1am on 13th December in Tokyo.

Has anyone been able to confirm there order yet, or are we all still playing the waiting game to see how much Lik Sang are going to rip us off? (as you are no doubt aware, the already inflated estimate they published of $220 - $240 is now set to be in the region of $450 - $600!!!!!).

‘Scoob’

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I've seen other people on other forums asking the same question. Looks like they haven't sent them yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

yeah, i've been on edge for the last day waiting for the email but nothing so far..
    i've spoken with a lot of people who have pre-ordered the psp from lik-sang and all of them have yet to receive that 2nd email...
    it will be interesting to hear what the prices are, and to see if they reach the dreaded $600 mark. :eek: if they do, i'll unfortunately be waiting until more of the demand is met and prices come down :(

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

I stayed up the entire weekend, but Ive work tomorrow so I could well be screwed by Lik while im away from the net :(

Oh yeah and their insinuations about 'market price' can suck my balls - the street price is 200 dollars so if they say 600 they can burn in hell.

My two cents.

Also - I think this friday is the latest they can post it so if you're waiting for next week's batch you might be too late for Christmas. Oh one more thing; does anyone know the import tax situation with PSPs from lik-sang?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

does anyone know the import tax situation with PSPs from lik-sang?

Won't it be a percentage of the total cost of the merchandise? I *think* that's how they do it. I hadda pay €38 for my DS last week, thieving customs people :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

Oh yeah and their insinuations about 'market price' can suck my balls - the street price is 200 dollars so if they say 600 they can burn in hell.

exactly! they justify this high price by saying that we should feel lucky that we would be able to even get a psp at all with such high demand, no matter what the price... who do they think we are? retail price is $200!
    it's rediculous really, they tell us about shops not selling units to customers and instead selling for high prices on places like ebay.. lik-sang are doing exactly the same thing with us!

still though, no matter what price-tag they end up putting on it, they're always gonna get them easily sold, which is sad really..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

The Lik Sang email (found on gamefaqs)

Dear ___________,

Please ignore this email if you decide to wait for the PSP price to drop down, or reply immediately if you want us to process your order still before Christmas.

The first deliveries of Sony PSP Value Packs are now getting in and will soon be ready to ship. Because of the shortage and other circumstances described in our recent PSP updates and emails, the price is unfortunately hiked and will stay like this until early next year. At this point of time you have three options:

Option #1: Get your PSP shipped as soon as possible

- Only "Value Packs" for $529 (EUR 398/GBP 275) can be shipped currently
    - Only Ridge Racers or Vampire Chronicle can be shipped ($59.90)
    - Please confirm which game you want us to ship, or if you want both of them
    - Other games will soon be ready seperately (Free Shipping Worldwide)
    - Due to the shortage, the PSP price will NOT drop before next year
    - Only insured UPS shipping is available ($30-$40 depending on location)
    - Credit Card or Telegraphic Transfer (T/T) to HK only (payment in US$)
    - Other items in your order will be separated & process within 5 to 14 days

Please reply to this email and tell us that you want us to ship your system. We will set everything up for you and keep you informed about the status.

Please keep your confirmation email as short as possible and confirm without asking questions that are already answered in this email or in the PSP Update on our web site. This helps Lik Sang a great deal in providing fast servicing of answers and rush processing or the orders.

Important: There are tight deadlines and only the fastest ones can make it to the first shipments.

Sony PSP Value Pack Content:

- PSP Hardware (PSP-1000K Value Pack)
    - PSP Memory Stick Duo 32MB
    - PSP Headphones With Remote Control
    - PSP Soft Case & Hand Strap
    - PSP AC Adapter (100V-240V, 50/60Hz, works worldwide)
    - PSP Battery Pack
    - Free Travel Plug (to fit in your country)

Option #2: Keep your position & wait for the price to normalize

- Due to the shortage, the price will NOT drop before next year
    - There is no guarantee when Sony will make more units available
    - If you decide to wait, you will not loose your position
    - Other payment and shipping options will be available next year

If you choose to wait for cheaper stock to arrive, there is no need to reply to the email, as ignoring the first launch offer still lets you keep your spot in the reservation list. If you decide to ask questions, we will reply to them once the initial mass shipment has left our warehouse and all first-release orders have been dealt with.

Please understand that this is the only way to get thousands of PSP systems shipped in time.

Option #3: Cancel your order

- Even you cannot accept Option #1, it is not recommended to cancel
    - The market will clear early next year, no new orders until then
    - You can secure your pre-order position and continue monitoring
    - Cancellations can be done automatically in your My Account
    - We will never ever ship your order without your permission

Payment Options:

Due to the urgency in processing Sony PSP orders, and due to the limited resources available in the middle of the Christmas rush, Lik Sang will only be able to accept the following payment options for your order:.....

Advertisement