Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work placement

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Evilution

John2 wrote:
    I'd get that cough seen to. By a nurse ;)

As the warner brothers (and warner sister) used to say:

HELLO NURSE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

*sigh*

LOL, there's just no point in fighting it anymore is there; poor, resigned Chick. :D
    Its men in general!!

Surely we're not all that bad? You boob-having types aren't exactly angels either, you know..especially this time of year..ugh, shopping..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Evilution

Pet wrote:
    Surely we're not all that bad?

Badness is in the eye of the beholder....apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Badness? I usually go by the best before date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

Pet wrote:
    LOL, there's just no point in fighting it anymore is there; poor, resigned Chick. :D
    No...guess id better get used to it

Pet wrote:
    Surely we're not all that bad? You boob-having types aren't exactly angels either, you know..especially this time of year..ugh, shopping..
    whats wrong with girls going shopping? at least im not one of the bitches who pushes everyone out of the way so she can get the last size in the top that i wanted. that bitch.

• Advertisement

John2 wrote:
    I think work placements are a damn fine idea (maybe not for courses like English and philosophy) for those who want to work in that field. Doing a research project in 4th sci is all well and good but work placement in a real lab would be very useful. I'm sure going out and looking at real engineering situations would be educational. Business courses are pretty pointless without a knowledge of how real businesses work.

So yeah, universities are only for getting a degree

Yeah, in UCD in Civil Engineering they go on 6 months placement. I've talked to full time engineers who told me that I won't be using most of what I'm learning now. We went out a few times to the different sites, but it was in groups of 30 or so people - so we didn't learn that much. Generalisation here: for arts type subjects, it wouldn't make much sense - bar drama or other interaction-based subjects.

Anyways, I'm thinking of going off books next year to go on placement for 6 months or so, then go travelling, so I'd be well for placements...

whats wrong with girls going shopping? at least im not one of the bitches who pushes everyone out of the way so she can get the last size in the top that i wanted. that bitch.

LOL, hate that, you shoulda slapped her. :D I don't mind girls going shopping, but when they drag ME along it's another story. God almighty, shopping with a woman is a nightmare, I'd pay not to have to do it!

I'm not really into cat fighting lol, although I coulda kicked her ass... and I really wanted that top for christmas party :(

Time for the old fork in the eye Chick...

Lol, how did you know about that!!:eek: ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

shopping is great :D though id never bring a guy along, that = disaster
    Chick wrote:
    whats wrong with girls going shopping? at least im not one of the bitches who pushes everyone out of the way so she can get the last size in the top that i wanted. that bitch. and I really wanted that top for christmas party
    ooh thats so annoying, people get so mad over xmas dont they?! the evil side really comes out..and one would totally think it should be the other way around :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

I wouldn't know, I just sit around drinking.. I'm drinking right now as a matter of fact.

ApeXaviour wrote:
    I wouldn't know, I just sit around drinking.. I'm drinking right now as a matter of fact.

So am I but whereas I think you're referring to alcohol, I'm just on water

John2 wrote:
    So am I but whereas I think you're referring to alcohol, I'm just on water
    Boooh!! That is NOT the spirit of the season, dear. Get some C2H5OH into yourself, stat!

I am also sober, as I am cooking christmas dinner for 2 chefs and a food critic, which amounts to a lot of pressure, but whatever.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i'm smoking a cigarette, that hard core enough?

shopping is great :D though id never bring a guy along, that = disaster

You said it girl :)

Guys have issues with shopping, dont think they see it the way we do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

*cough**cough*american eagal

shopping = chore

I buy clothes once a year. I go to unique and pennys only, and the entire escapade is over in under an hour.

typical guy so!

My friend calls it speed shopping, he knows what he wants to get, he hits the shops and is home and all like 45mins later... thats not shopping!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

it all depends what your shopping for and with whom.
    shoe shopping is a nightmare, there's just so many of them!

but i love going shopping for food ,especially chocolate or stationary!

• Advertisement

Right that's it, I'm totally hitting the sales 2moro morning, bright n early :p

snorlax wrote:
    it all depends what your shopping for and with whom.
    shoe shopping is a nightmare, there's just so many of them!

Huh? You eat stationary?

ApeXaviour wrote:
    shopping = chore

I buy clothes once a year. I go to unique and pennys only, and the entire escapade is over in under an hour.
    Yep, same (different shops though). I HATE shopping...all those annoying salespeople hanging around like street dogs, the crappy music, overheated shops, halogen lights, scangers/toffs, the lack of non-metrosexual clothes, overpriced rubbish...etc. I buy some clothes and shoes off the internet, saves me a lot of hassle and money.

Shopping doesn't bother me because I have a system. If I go into a shop and if I don't find something I like within a minute and a half I leave. If this happens in three shops in a row I go to a record store and buy a cd. Then repeat process. That way I either find some clothes I like or else I end up with some more cd's. I like to hit shops like Harlequin for shirts and trousers or else I go for M&S, Penneys, Dunnes, etc if I'm feeling like some less exciting clothes. Oh and the fact that I'd say 90% of my wardrobe are t-shirts from concerts means that I never really need to shop for t-shirts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

Ace_Rimmer-"you eat stationary"

nope!

Pet wrote:
    the lack of non-metrosexual clothes

Oh come on now, thats a bit unfair :rolleyes:

It's true though. It's very hard to be fashionable nowadays without being mistaken for a flaming ...

Actually yeah snorlax, I actually like shoppin for stationary too.. But I don't consider it food like you ya big freak ;)

ApeXaviour wrote:
    It's true though. It's very hard to be fashionable nowadays without being mistaken for a flaming ...

Well for me it's not about looking gay, it's about looking like those annoying (straight) metrosexuals - the types who wear bell-bottoms and spangly tops and have frosted bleached spikes in their hair... :rolleyes: Gay men would have more taste than that, or so I'd hope..

Well what kind of clothes would you not wear then? theres absolutely tonnes of trousers, jeans, jackets, shirts etc in the shops that dont look metro. Cos I was helping my friend pick out clothes the b4 xmas and I saw loadsa nice mens clothes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

omg i bought so much in the sales today.....it was great :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement