Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Java Problem

Options
  • 12-12-2004 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    Have a tab, containing a textpane. Want to add a scrollar, but having problems adding it. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭daymobrew

You'll need to provide a lot more info, and some code even.
    Are you adding it in a GUI dialog editor? by code? What functions are you using? Any exceptions when it runs?
    People tend to help people when they are stuck and they've demonstrated that they've tried a good few things AND searched Google (incl http://groups.google.com).

I know nowt about Java.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Workin on creating a text editor with tabs, been working on it all day. No exception errors.
    I've created a jtabbedpane and I've added a textpane to it. Thats workin fine. I want to add a scroll bar to the text pane. This works without tabs, but when I add the tabs in the scroll bar doesn't work, the space for it is there.

I think the problem is attaching the scroll bar to the jtabbedpane. Which I've no idea how to do and google isn't throughing up any answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Grand_Izer

Have you tried adding the text pane to a JScrollPane and attaching this to the tab pane?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Sounds like your using an IDE rather then doing it by hand. Give more details on how you are creating it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Fixed it. Was doing things backwards.

• Advertisement
Advertisement