Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunglasses

Options
  • 12-12-2004 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Anybody wear them around the circuit?

Just a thought...

M :cool: :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I think most Fitz players respect you alot more if you wear a nice pair of Oakleys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 medZer

nice...!

i think i should crack out ny veautiful specsavers freebees....

seriously, you see alot of player in videos/games wearing them - hats as well...

frowned upon in clubs? yay or nay?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Nobody could ever beat Whiteshadow's sunnies in the May 250.

It's rare to see a player wear sunglasses but if your gonna do it, you better do it in style.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Not forgetting the Rounders T-Shirt - pure class,
    Ive just gotten my music thing Ill work on a pair of sunglasses next, Joe O'Neills are nice aswell but a bit colourful to keep with the gay icon image

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

bohsman wrote:
    Not forgetting the Rounders T-Shirt - pure class,
    Ive just gotten my music thing Ill work on a pair of sunglasses next, Joe O'Neills are nice aswell but a bit colourful to keep with the gay icon image

You listening to music was fierce off-putting last night :D

• Advertisement

music? thats gotta be uncool...

we dont even allow it at home games...whats stopping me coming in with a gameboy?!

medZer wrote:

we dont even allow it at home games...whats stopping me coming in with a gameboy?!

You can listen to what you want as long as it does not stop you playing...hence the no reading at the table rule. I'm sure a gameboy fits into that. Listening to music does not (as long as the volume is low).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

medZer wrote:

Absolutely nothing... there's an old skool pro in Vegas (can't remember his name) who always reads a book at the table!

I don't see a problem at all with music, especially in long tournaments. I never listen to music in a cash game, though... find it too hard to keep track of pot sizes, etc.

As for sunglasses, I have a cool pair of Oakleys, but I've never worn them at the table.

Everyone is listening to music these days, this is the first year they allowed it at the WSOP and if you watch it theres a lot of headphones out there, and it definitely helps you keep focused and it keeps out the bloody christmas music in the Fitz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

I just got myself one of those MP3 player things so I'll give it a whirl, reckon I might introduce the Armani shades as well for the hell of it. Player X only seems to waer his glasses sporadically.

• Advertisement

Dont see any point in wearing them in a tournament under 200freezeout because the standard isnt up to it, the majority of players wont bother looking for reads in smaller tournaments

more of a psych out thing though isnt it...in the smaller tournaments you have lots of smaller fish, and they'll probably get spooked if you scream booo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

medZer wrote:
    more of a psych out thing though isnt it...in the smaller tournaments you have lots of smaller fish, and they'll probably get spooked if you scream booo!
    Small tournament + sunglasses = tosser

well see now tyhis was my point in the beginning, wholdnt you come off as a bit of a twat...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

henbane wrote:
    Small tournament + sunglasses = tosser

lol. deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

If you're going to do the glasses thing, you may as well go the whole hog and don a Stetson, al la Chris Ferguson!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 ElaineMc

bohsman wrote:
    Ive just gotten my music thing

But can you work it??!! :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Just bring in a walkman with a tape saying at random intervals. "You have Big Slick. Do not look at your hand. Take my word for it. You have Big Slick! Now raise it up."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Wearing sunglasses, a hat, and a hoodie at a low level game (or indeed any game) is one of the gimpiest things you can do.

Does anyone really think that some head in a 20 game is looking at his cards going 'Wow, I have an Ace and a 4, offsuit!! Great!! Oh wait I am unable to search my opponents soul to tell what cards he has!! He has confounded me with his infernal eyewear!!!'??

More likely it's 'AN ACE, I HAVE AN ACE, I CAN'T LOSE!!!!!!!' *pushes all in*

http://www.funnypokershirts.com/catalog/poker-shirts-catalog-36full.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

Speaking of sunglasses, I thought the main reason for wearing them was so that you can study other players without them being aware of it (so that they don't pull any 'reverse tells' against you), and not because it's easier to read someone who's not wearing them??? Does anyone here really think they can read someone by being able to see the whites of their eyes? What do you look for... pupil dilation? Not being smart, just curious.

• Advertisement

....it's just a luck and Boston thing with me. Not a style or hide my face boll*x, even in then shark infested tell-readers fest that is 20 game.

Wearing sunglasses, a hat, and a hoodie at a low level game (or indeed any game) is one of the gimpiest things you can do.

Does anyone really think that some head in a 20 game is looking at his cards going 'Wow, I have an Ace and a 4, offsuit!! Great!! Oh wait I am unable to search my opponents soul to tell what cards he has!! He has confounded me with his infernal eyewear!!!'??

More likely it's 'AN ACE, I HAVE AN ACE, I CAN'T LOSE!!!!!!!' *pushes all in*

http://www.funnypokershirts.com/catalog/poker-shirts-catalog-36full.htm
    i love it! what a shirt...oh dear...i hope no one thinks i was considering it! just a rookie asking advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I have only played in one big live tournie, and I did wear shades at it. Next time I play in a big one I would say I will wear them again. Incidentally in that tournie at least a third of the players were wearing them. I can't really explain why I felt more comfortable wearing them, but I did so I kept them on. I did notice that in the cash games around the same tournie I did not see anyone wearing shades while playiong at all' anyone know why that would be when such a high percentage of the tournie players were? Some cash game etiquette i am not aware of?

Advertisement