Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cubase

Options
  • 18-08-2001 11:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

hi,

i have a friend who wants to link his electric keyboard up to his pc , and use the sounds as samples which he can distort in cubase 5. and the guy in music maker told him he needed "a full duplex sound card".

can any one explain to me how i can do the above ?

and What the dickens is "a full duplex sound card"?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Morph

All u need to do is connect the output of your Keyboard to the input of your soundcard, you'll probably need a 1/4 inch jack to 3.5mm mini jack. Make sure the line in is selected as the record source by going to windows playcontrol/options/properties/adjust volume for recording. Then u must know how to use cubase.

A full duplex card basically means u can record audio tracks while listening to other audio tracks. Most cards have this function but SBlive is a typical intro choice.
    Good luck!!!
    Now visit www.aftertheparty.net in exchange for the info!!!

Advertisement