Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help?

• 12-12-2004 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

Can anyone help me on this?

When you recieve the broadband modem,
    is it easy to install it yourself or would it
    be best to get someone around to do it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

its piss easy to install,
    connect usb cable,connect phone cable,insert disk and off you go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

As GaRtH_V says it's simplicity itself. All you'll need to do is follow the instructions then enter your username and password to connect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭calis

just make sure u connect the microfilters to everything using the phone line ... even sky if u have it. it pretty easy after that.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

calis wrote:
    just make sure u connect the microfilters to everything using the phone line ... even sky if u have it. it pretty easy after that.

If you have Sky plugged in your line might not pass at all:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

My experience was different,I had a good bit of trouble installing Eircom Bb
    recently.

I have a Sony Vaio laptop which is about 15 months old,I initially tried to get BB to work via the ethernet socket(which I had never used before) but on running the set up disc it just seemed to hang.After several reboots etc I gave up and tried the USB,this was similar except this time when I forced the set up CD off the internal Windows (XP Home Sp2) set up wizard installed it OK.

Having got the BB working I went to the Realtek site and got new drivers for the ethernet.Installed these and tried the Eircom disc again,this time it installed instantly.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
Advertisement