Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro-zone transfers via Online Banking

Options
  • 12-12-2004 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭

Right, you can stop laughing now...

Here's my situation: I regularly need to top up my German bank account with funds. Going down the bank to do so is a pain. Using the Ulster Bank form is a multiple pain (still the cover-all-possible-international-transfers one with far too many fields and no obvious way to insist on the BIC/IBAN cheap route).

Aside: When Ulster bank do such a transfer, for which they charge something like 50c, their foreign transfer division pays for a stamp to acknowledge it. Great business sense...

Anyway, Ulster Bank's consumer online banking doesn't know about international transfers. AIB's business banking does, but that doesn't help me much.

Does anybody know of any bank allowing IBAN-based transfers via consumer online banking? It can't be hard - my German account has been able to do it forever...

Dermot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I have done stuff through Bank of Ireland - not online though. Just rang them up and gave them the details. Actually they told me what information I'd need and away it went out of my account. However I do regularly pay into other non BOI accounts online, Irish accounts mind, but maybe they can help you.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I use AIB Phonelink to do it - they still haven't the ability to do it online - and they do know about the cheap way (Its almost their default..)

Advertisement