Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing Up ad

Options
  • 20-08-2001 4:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭

Does anybody know the music from one of the washing powder ads (probably Percil tablets).

The ad has child-like animation (little colourful match-stick people etc)

The music is instrumental keyboardy, like carnival music or St Etiennes's "You're in a Bad Way" with a voice over talking about washing, clothes lines etc.

It is not remotly cool but makes me very happy.
    Anybody know if its taken from something or just ad music??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

ARRRGH!!

Yeah- it's the Persil LiquiTabs isn't it?

Don't recall exactly what it is... (Frank Zappa... I think) - but it's definitely NOT just ad music.

Bard
    'First motorbike in the bible ???? ---- a Triumph --- 'Yea verily Moses struck down the ammmanites and all the land heard the roar of his triumph !!!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Kopf

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bard:
    ARRRGH!!

Yeah- it's the Persil LiquiTabs isn't it?

Don't recall exactly what it is... (Frank Zappa... I think) - but it's definitely NOT just ad music.
    </font>
    Frank Zappa on a Persil LiquiTabs ad? I've seen em all, annoying *******s they are and I can't imagine zappa writing anything like that.. too melodic wink.gif Naah. just not his style.

This is now wrecking my head! MUST find out...

1850 445555 is their helpline number by the way...

Found it...

"Tornado" by "The Telstars"

phew smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Jim Daniels

Nice one Bard..!!!

I really like it!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement