Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek: Crumlin College (The Text Generation)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,239 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Sooo... what nobody looked at this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Very poor sound towards the end, hardly audible at all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭roar_ie

I will look at it when i get home this evening and give you my insights

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

Achilles your beaming effects are getting much better as time goes on, i would agree though the last bit of the video you cant here the sound at all

But hell if you put that together during lunch, id love to see what ye could do if you had a whole day to do something :)

Shin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

like the beam me up effect. what did ye use to make it?

• Advertisement

Thanks guys, yeah i realised that the audio was bearly audible towards the end but i did this by design. If i highered the audio up too much (we were a bit away from the cam and it's only a small 320x240 mini dv cam with 32 megs of memory) it'd sound kinda distorted and background noise would sound really bad so i just left it as is. I use a combination of 3 programs to create a good enough looking beam out, photoshop, premier pro, and particle illusion. The actual sparkle effect itself is the original tng footage :-) They show the original stock footage on the series one dvd extras, it's only for like a second or two but they show the original stock footage of the sparkles on their own and that's what i've used all along... but as you can see from the vid i've tinted it to be a lighter blue, as the footage i have always comes out looking like an off blue kind of grey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Stevie K is a bit of an auteur.

Hey man thanks, i consider that a very high compliment :-) I know i kinda scrapped the temporal incursion movie idea thing but after college this year and stuff i'd like to film it during the summer if anybody has any renewed interest. I'm saving up for a good quality DV cam at the moment and if i'm not mistaken a guy on the editing boards offered loan of a dv cam for the duration of film making, not to mention a friend of mine who wouldn't mind either. 3 cams for different shots etc.... anybody interested? Would be nice to get the ball rolling again...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

_bubbles_ wrote:
    'Computer beam me up' for a site to site transport? Dodgy script
    hehe was thinking that too

There was a script...? As i said we did this during lunch break it's not as if we had time to plan things out!!! I told him to say 'computer initiate transport' but he said beam me up and to be honest i didn't wanna reshoot cus i was hungry, so there ya go! ;) Good enough explaination? :P

• Advertisement

ahimsa wrote:
    so.. therefore answer ===> www.fictionknus.com
    Sorry you pointed me to some, what i can only assume is a german website about ? why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

That fag has spammed a whole load of threads with that same post, I dont know why he isnt banned yet.

Ohh ok right fair do's i thought he was pointing me to some video site or something. I dont think when it happens that those people are real people though i reckon it's just a script run to post a reply in vb3 to new posts on a site. But i could be wrong, anyways boards should have a system where if u post rediculous amounts of posts in a relatively short space of time your temp banned, a mod gets alerted then they investigate. It's like those bloody Religion enthusiasts that we get from time to time. 'Become a christian cus we're facists bastids who wants to impose our religion on other people and dont believe in freedom of choice....' is basically what they're saying by trying to conscript people. Sorry i'll stop now, any further and this'll be moved to the rant thread ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Bela Fleck

Well, that was sh*t. Well done.
    Like da trackshuit!

Lol for the love of all... i'm the second guy in the vid.

Achilles wrote:
    Lol for the love of all... i'm the second guy in the vid.
    The fat knacker?

Damned trolling flamer newbies, data sort this out please...

Achilles wrote:
    Damned trolling flamer newbies, data sort this out please...
    Yo, yo yo. Chill out. I only asked. It's not deragotory; you are clearly overweight, you're wearing a chav tracksuit, you have a strong Dubln accent, and you're from Crumlin. lol. What do you expect to be called when you dress like that? A freakin' jockey?

Yes, i am overweight... i eat too much therefore i have a bigger insulation layer on my body than average. I came to terms with that a long time ago, yes, i come from dublin, hence i have a dublin accent, and no, i am actually not from crumlin, i just go to college there, hence the name, crumlin college. Anyways wtf is a chav? they're called skangers you english-wannabe eejit.

What I don't understand is the mentality (or lack thereof) of you people... do you honestly think I give a damn about your opinion on my video or how I dress or how my body is or how much I eat or what TV programs I like etc? Answer: No

Sure, in my original post I asked for opinions, but I guess I should have clarified that I wanted them from intelligent individuals, with a fair few IQ points on their sheet, something which you obviously lack, seeing as how you resort to peurile name calling and the like. And anyways, calling me overweight with malicious undertones is not derogatory how? (By the way, learn how to spell...).

Point being that, whilst I felt the need to repond to this, I shouldn't really have to, or want to. That puny brain of yours does realise the diversity of the society we actually live in these days no? We don't actually have the same opinions as yourself... yes, i'm overweight I like Star Trek and have an interest in movie making. Hell I could probably come up with better insults in relation to myself than you ever could. So do yourself a favour... throw your keyboard against the wall... because you obviously dont deserve to have one.

Judging by your pent in anger and rage again whatever the hell has you so fecked up in life (did daddy not love you enough?) you shouldn't be let anywhere near a computer, let alone use or own one. I bet you're just some sad loner who has no release against the world but to peddle his meaningless, insignificant, peurile little rantings on an internet message board, the rant forum is that way *points* if u wanna rant about me there then fine, no skin off my nose... I couldn't really give two black shehites about some little eejit's opinion of me... who I am, my physical appearance, or what I do...

Is that 'chilled' enough for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Cool film, I enjoyed that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Achilles wrote:
    Yes, i am overweight... i eat too much therefore i have a bigger insulation layer on my body than average. I came to terms with that a long time ago, yes, i come from dublin, hence i have a dublin accent, and no, i am actually not from crumlin, i just go to college there, hence the name, crumlin college. Anyways wtf is a chav? they're called skangers you english-wannabe eejit.

What I don't understand is the mentality (or lack thereof) of you people... do you honestly think I give a damn about your opinion on my video or how I dress or how my body is or how much I eat or what TV programs I like etc? Answer: No

Sure, in my original post I asked for opinions, but I guess I should have clarified that I wanted them from intelligent individuals, with a fair few IQ points on their sheet, something which you obviously lack, seeing as how you resort to peurile name calling and the like. And anyways, calling me overweight with malicious undertones is not derogatory how? (By the way, learn how to spell...).

Point being that, whilst I felt the need to repond to this, I shouldn't really have to, or want to. That puny brain of yours does realise the diversity of the society we actually live in these days no? We don't actually have the same opinions as yourself... yes, i'm overweight I like Star Trek and have an interest in movie making. Hell I could probably come up with better insults in relation to myself than you ever could. So do yourself a favour... throw your keyboard against the wall... because you obviously dont deserve to have one.

Judging by your pent in anger and rage again whatever the hell has you so fecked up in life (did daddy not love you enough?) you shouldn't be let anywhere near a computer, let alone use or own one. I bet you're just some sad loner who has no release against the world but to peddle his meaningless, insignificant, peurile little rantings on an internet message board, the rant forum is that way *points* if u wanna rant about me there then fine, no skin off my nose... I couldn't really give two black shehites about some little eejit's opinion of me... who I am, my physical appearance, or what I do...

Is that 'chilled' enough for you?

Classic reply

bizmark wrote:
    Classic reply
    *bows*

Thank you.. thank you very much :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

Classic reply

me seconds that

shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 r100x

hey Im in this guys class

lol you are? Hrm ok then r100x, who are you? eh... EH?! *looks around with extreme paranoia* :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭The Admiral

Achilles wrote:
    I know i kinda scrapped the temporal incursion movie idea thing but after college this year and stuff i'd like to film it during the summer if anybody has any renewed interest. I'm saving up for a good quality DV cam at the moment and if i'm not mistaken a guy on the editing boards offered loan of a dv cam for the duration of film making, not to mention a friend of mine who wouldn't mind either. 3 cams for different shots etc.... anybody interested? Would be nice to get the ball rolling again...

Well...I'm still around now and then....Just give me a call ;)

The Admiral

Aye hopefully people will still be interested in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭40crush41

bela fleck *shakes head* awesome user name, shame u went mad like that.

anyway -i liked it if that mean nething, esp for being done in a lunch period, quite impressive. and the line "see you in a second" was funny, eh yea -don't know why.. just was.

(clap clap clap) ~Beth

Cheers dude, i have a little short sci fi thing that i made with my little brother based around the holodeck over christmas i just haven't bothered putting it online yet, will do soon. Cheers for the positive feedback :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Miles

I like it, nice job. When will we see the next one?

Advertisement