Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anime on TV

• 13-12-2004 2:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭

Anyone have a rough idea what anime is being currently shown on Digital/Terrestial TV? I know Outlaw Star is on Toonami often, but that's all I can really find.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭pingoo

Toonami was playing Cowboy Bebop for a while but really late at night, also The Big O. Toonami plays Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Gt, Card Master or something crappy like this, Pokemon and other kiddy stuff. Fox Kids has Sonic X and Shaman King (brilliant show by the way). Fox Kids France bought Fruit Baskets last year and played it in both French and Japanese with sub so there might be a chance that someday it will come up on Sky as it was played on Fox Kids all across Europe and in the states. I recommend Fruit Baskets to everyone by the way ;)

Sky One plays Yugioh as well ;) ... Fox Kids plays Ulysses 31 at night (Japanese/French anime from the eighties).

In another word, not that much material compared to the states where anime such as Saint Seiya, Fruit Baskets, Yuyuhakusho etc. are really famous at the moment.

Oh I forgot, Toonami used to play Tenshi Muyo recently but again really late at night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

The Sci-fi channel used to be great. They showed all of Evangelion and Martian Successor Nadesico. They still sometimes show the occasional movie though, such as Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Gunbuster and others.

Toonami showed alot better stuff back when it was CNX... but that whole CNX thing didn't really work out... although I think any channel stuck towards the end of the 200's on Sky Digital is doomed to begin with... you can't venture up there without being inundated with loud mouthed tarts...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Toonami used to have Mobile Suit Gundam Wing aswell, I'm not sure if they still do. The SciFi channel used to be a great a few years ago aswell, for late movies. They even had an anime week at one stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

*sigh* God I wish I had sky digital. Only anime I can get it yu-gi-oh on the den =p

I remember before they had CNX they used to have Dragonball Z on Cartoon Network. First anime I ever watched. Then the bastards stole all the good things and put them on CNX
    [/minirant]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

eww... Shaman King on fox has been bastardised, the voice acting ruins my ears. They destroyed it tbh :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Aye, CNX was great and promising. Downgrading it to Toonami was a shame.

I remember Sci-Fi used to show anime late at night but that stopped a good while ago. I'll keep my eye open on it if anything pops up.

It would be nice if there was something like The Anime Network on Sky Digital/NTL. I've never actually seen the channel in action but the prospects of anime 24/7 is very nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Bass.exe

All anime on our TV has been raped of it's former glory.
    Toonami still has DBZ and Gundam Wing.
    Sci-Fi has stuff on early in the morning (4-5 i think), Arc the Lad and Gasraki. I haven't checked recently, so it might have changed.

The only option available is to download fansubs.
    I got all the Trigun eps. off a friend. Fricken deadly show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Bass.exe wrote:
    Toonami still has DBZ and Gundam Wing.

When is Gundam Wing on? I can't find it.
    Bass.exe wrote:
    Sci-Fi has stuff on early in the morning (4-5 i think), Arc the Lad and Gasraki. I haven't checked recently, so it might have changed.

They're gone too, might return in the new year perhaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

Aye, CNX was great and promising. Downgrading it to Toonami was a shame.

I heard from someone that CNX used to show Aqua Teen Hunger Force and Space Ghost....were they talking sh*t or?....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

yeah they did show those fecking brilliant. I loved sealab myself (esp. Predator episode)

Sci-Fi last i checked (summer time roughly) was showing excel saga at 5am in the morning. but it was the dub which has nothing on the original sub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    yeah they did show those fecking brilliant. I loved sealab myself (esp. Predator episode)

Wild. I've got the DVDs of season 2&3 of ATHF on the way from amazon at the moment. :)

Advertisement