Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

E.R. (could eventually contain spoilers!)

• 13-12-2004 10:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭

So, E.R. is back.
    TBH I don't know what to make of the whole shooting/car into river thing, it appears as though they just wanted some kind of cliff-hanger for the last series, it doesn't really fit in my opinion. I found the whole scene bizarre.
    And jeez, did Carters love interest (name?) get annoying very quickly, such a whingeing bag, I know she's portaying a difficult time for her, but really, can't wait until that mopey face gets off my screen ;)
    Which brings me to Luka, the guy who has the weight of all the world on his shoulders, hopefully they wrap up the will they/wont they situation one way or the other very soon, and we get back to having the troubled broody character in the freakin' E.R. Currently he seems to spend most of his time out of it.

I thought it was one of the weakest season openers for a while, but all-in-all it's great to have it back.

Anyone have any thoughts on the opener?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

did Carters love interest (name?) get annoying very quickly, such a whingeing bag, I know she's portaying a difficult time for her, but really, can't wait until that mopey face gets off my screen

I think you might be right about the cliffhanger.

I would have thought that Dr. Carters and Dr. Weavers stories would hold fan much more so then the car accident.

Had the driver of the other car/ shotter been in the ER before????

Also thought Dr. Luca's will they won't they story also hold people.

Yeah I was happy to see it back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I forget the reason the guy started chasing them... :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Dr. Dre wrote:
    So, E.R. is back.
    TBH I don't know what to make of the whole shooting/car into river thing, it appears as though they just wanted some kind of cliff-hanger for the last series, it doesn't really fit in my opinion. I found the whole scene bizarre.
    Agreed - It was more like the opening of a Bond movie than ER - It was OTT and just didn't fit. Carter's girl is obviously going to stay in Africa and dump him (despite his wealth!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Definetely a poor season opener...

I think the show has begun to lose its pull, it had started to fade last season, just hope they can pick it up again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

I forget the reason the guy started chasing them... :confused:

I think it was just a case of road rage. He cut Pratt off, the Pratt cut him off, then the guy in the back gave him the finger and he suddenly had a gun.

Good as a cliffhanger; agree it was a tad OTT as a resolution.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

Just a quick question,what happened between carter and the girl he is with,didnt really see much of last series....

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

She got pregnant with his baby, but miscarried late in the pregnancy. She & Carter held the deceased pre-term baby in the hospital. It was the baby's ashes they were scattering last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Yeah the baby got the chord wrapped around its neck and died - v.sad with them all crying etc and the little bag of ashes made last nights episode a bit of a downer for me!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

Well its all doom and gloom in Chicago county E.R......ah bring back clooney and have everyone whos in E.R in a dream and let them wake up and walk in and find Mark Greene having a shower like Bobby Ewing from Dallas :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Shane West is in it for Christs Sake!!!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Lucy Lu

I saw a few episodes of the new season in the US and I have to say it does not get much better!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Zoton

I cant remember there ever being a good season opener to er. It's generally been the weakest episode. Also this seemed to be the first time that the season started by continuing directly from the previous one. (though i could be wrong on that one)

i hate end of season cliffhangers, but that's a different topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Also this seemed to be the first time that the season started by continuing directly from the previous one.

Generally speaking they pick up a few months later, however they change that in the previous couple of season, e.g. where Dr Carter and Abby where quartined in the ER.

I amn't sure how the last season started, I think that the quartintine episodes where the previous seasons start and the season before thats end.

Advertisement