Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learning to Fly

Options
  • 13-12-2004 11:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

FFS this sucks in GTA SA
    Take off easy peasy
    landing easy peasy
    Circle the airstrip ffs damn bleedin hard.

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,189 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Concentrate on the time mainly - and make sure you hit all the markers, if you miss one, just restart. I *think* the target is under 100 seconds - you'll know how far off you are because you'll be docked a % for each second over. I found it easier to head left (clockwise).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Are you talking about GTA:SA. Had the same problem until I remembered to retract the landing gears with R3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Cant get any further in game till i do it.

stupidly hard.

kdjac

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If you take up the landing gear its easy to hit the first target since the plane doesn't stall just before it. After that its quite easy as long as you take it easy with the turns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

That had me stuck for days, could get past the circle the air strip, but then circle the air strip and land was impossible.

Just take it easy, once you hit the first marker, take your finger off X, bank and rudder your way around, tapping acceleration occasionaly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭monomaniac

This also had me stuck for days. Always found it easier anti-clockwise (but different horses...).

By fluke I completed the circle airbase on the 2nd/3rd go but got stuck on the next one where you have to circle then land.

I found it much easier to do in first person mode - you get a much better view of the coronas and more precise aiming.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Cerdito

I found this hard too....just try to make small adjustments with the left analog stick, the controls are over sensitive.

I also found that if you let go of X after reaching full speed the plane maintains a steady (slow-ish) speed. Also you can slow down as you approach the coronas with square, it gives you more time to maneuvre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭irldavem

If its your first time doing this mission (not going for gold), its a good idea to take it nice and handy like Credito suggests. Once at top speed release the X for a few seconds and keep a steady pace by tapping it now and again.

When trying to land, slow down as much as possible with a steady line of desent. No problem.

I found using the rudders only with the L2 and R2 buttons and making slight adjustments with the analog stick worked a lot better and lead to less suicide rolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

on a positive note, once you do the flying school it is piss easy to fly the planes. stick with it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Yeah Retro I had the same problem. The whole flight school seems so retarded now, the planes are easy to fly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I didn't find it too hard. Just remember to take it easy on the analouge sticks. My main problem with circle airstrip and land was I'd end up flying upside down and in every other manner of direction (except for the right way of course) because I'd put too much of a turn on the plane using the left stick. Also don't forget to raise the landing gear and ease off acceleration as much as possible.

What about the final part of a the car driving school? I'm finding this impossible. i can get down to the half way check point but my car is usually in tatters and I nearly always end up spinning out of control on that slope. Advice anyone?

Coming back to planes, just got the Hydra. Omg teh fun! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Creature wrote:
    What about the final part of a the car driving school? I'm finding this impossible. i can get down to the half way check point but my car is usually in tatters and I nearly always end up spinning out of control on that slope. Advice anyone?
    Is that the one where you have to go from the driving school to the other end of town and back again without crashing?
    If it is then I remember you could floor it all the way straight away from the driving school but the best thing to do was to slow right down and take it very carefully on your way back. After a few goes you should be able to judge the balance between speed and care.
    Creature wrote:
    Coming back to planes, just got the Hydra. Omg teh fun! :D
    The Hydra is great! For the flying school lessons, I think it is easier if you use the first person view (press select), and use the rudders as much as possible instead of the analog stick as its far too sensitive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

3 years of Battlefield 1942 flying out the window.

Will try again fri night (game is lasting me months , me bets none of you have kids :D )

kdjac

The last part of driving school isn't as hard as you think. The thing to remember is you have plenty of time to slow down and take it easy. Its 120 seconds you have not 1min 20secs.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I did it my third go. No bull****. My brother was trying for days and could not do it. I failed first two times cos of landing gear and then i did it third time...it was such a close call every time going through the loops. The only advice i can give is to completely take your finger off the X button...and use either the l2 or r2 button to steer...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

id agree with takin it slow on the last mission of driving school, it gives you pleanty of time tbh dont rush it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

I'm stuck on that exact same flying school mission.

But I just decided to leave it aside for a while and work on stealing cars, pimping them out and parking them in the huge hangar at the airstrip.

:D San Andreas rocks.

Advertisement