Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MSN messenger not working

• 13-12-2004 12:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭

I recently got a new wireless router (netgear dg834g) and i have configured it on my desktop pc (through ethernet) and i am running utv broadband which i can connect to sucessfully on that and my wirelessly connected powerbook.

However, since i got this i cannot successfully log into msn messenger on either machine.

Also when bothe machines are turned of for a few hours, when i turn them back on, the only way i can gain access to the router is to do a hard reset (through the reset button) and re configure everything again.

Whats going on?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Velcrow

google it!

here is some info for you ....taken from netgear forum...

http://forum1.netgear.com/support/viewtopic.php?t=982

"You can also always try (this worked for a mate of mine on a DG834G) changing your MTU size in the router. He changed to 1350, and MSN Messenger started working (he also had problems accessing his hotmail account until he changed the MTU to 1350, too)."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭cooper_man

Tried this but it still didnt work unfortunately

Advertisement