Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you still waiting to get Breeze installed?

• 13-12-2004 1:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭

Hello,

I ordered my Breeze service on November 17th, and I still haven't gotten it installed yet. I'm in Dublin City Centre.

I'm beginning to get worried that I won't have it in time for Christmas.

How long have you been waiting to get it installed?

Or did you get it installed recently - if so, when did you order it??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

I ordered the end of September. The "paperwork" was all completed around the 11th Oct and I am having it (in theory!) installed tomorrow. Will let you know if they actually turn up and get it working. That's some 10-11 weeks from when the paperwork cleared, not when I sent the form some 2 weeks before that!

They claim to be having capacity problems on many of the masts. I was told 6 weeks when I started off and given some here have waited 11 months, I guess 11 weeks isn't so bad. I'll be chuffed if it actually works tomorrow.

If you only ordered on the 17th Nov, I would think there's little chance of having it before Christmas. Have you got confirmation that the forms (direct debits etc) have cleared through? Cause that takes them 2 weeks or so from when you send it in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Oh no... :(

Yeah I got confirmation that everything has cleared etc.

I'll be very interested to see if they show up tomorrow - please let me know! Thanks :)

Are you in Dublin?

Yes in Dublin - Deans Grange. I got told all sorts of crap about various masts being full and new ones being built so I'll be interested to find out which one they have stuck me on in the end.

Others here have had quicker installs, so if you are very lucky with the mast you might well be done quicker. Where are you / which mast are you likely to get connected to?

I'm just beside Merrion Square in Dublin 2, so I'll prob be on the Guinness Mast (assuming I am not too far away!)

If I got it by Christmas, and it worked nicely, I'd be a very happy boy... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭aubhall

I ordered on the 25/11 and just after getting a call to install tomorrow morning (fingers crossed) Blanchardstown

• Advertisement

You ordered on the 25th and I ordered on the 17th... that makes no sense.

Are you getting in installed via a ladder or via the cherrypicker???

Cheers.

No idea, was not told just asked how tall the house was!

Should clarify i got the confirmation they got my order on 25 which was 3 days after i sent it.

Are you more than 3 stories??

nope 3 story

Hmmm I'm also 3 story. Maybe I'll get a phonecall from them today....

• Advertisement

But part of my house is 2 story as well, they asked if i had a chimmey.

It really seems to depend on the mast as to how quick you hear from them. Give them a call and ask which mast you should go on to and ask if there is a backlog for that mast or not.

Got mine yesterday, atrium mast, and its down today, good 1st impression......

Hi aubhall,

Did it work at all?

yep very good from 12 am yesterday and still going stong when i went to bed last night, just was not working this morning, tech support say the mast is down.

Well they turned up yesterday just as they said they would. Did a LOS test and basic signal test. Said that I had a good signal, but with the strong winds there was no way they could continue the install, that I would get a call from the office to arrange a new date then they cleared off. Despite calling the office I have heard nothing of a new date and will be so pissed off if it's not within a few days!! So that was a waste of a day off. However I cant blame them as it was very windy, I would have just expected a call sooner to appologise and organise a new time :mad:

Advertisement