Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Year's Eve Celebrations?!

Options
  • 13-12-2004 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭

Ok, I know this is forward planning and all, but where's ye all heading for New Year's Eve? Tis usually a big build up for a big let down but The Redneck's are playing in The Village with The Chalets, Jape and Ham Sandwich. I don't think there's a tastier line up anywhere else that night. Mmmm, just like Mama used to make them! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

i'm going to sit alone, in my room, with the lights off, drinking JD.

i can hardly wait....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

I thought about going to that gig, but it'd only be for the Manifesto part of it. :)
    So I'll probably just go to Wheelie Bins.
    xm

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭legofsalmon

Tyrrial wrote:
    i'm going to sit alone, in my room, with the lights off, drinking JD.

i can hardly wait....

Sounds like a plan there....

Just listen to more music with the added bonus of having fireworks out the window. I'd be content with that. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 catgirl

the last few fireworks for a while. the next ones won't be til skyfest, the inhumanity of it all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭trevradiator

NEY YEARS EVE IN EAMONN DORANS
    THE THINGS www.thethings.net , FIRST DOG IN SPACE www.firstdoginspace.com , THE ULTRA MONTANES , THE HEAT, KOPEK www.kopekmusic.com ----all for a measley 12eu by texting RADIATOR to 0863908829

• Advertisement

Ultra Montanes and Kopek?!
    It's going from a New Year's Eve with nothing to do with having to be in too many places all at once!!
    xm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

hmmm... boing... new years eve... i had an idea what i was gonna say there but alas tis deserted me... i have a knack for rambling in random mode... this post is testament to said tendancy... oh yeah... na na na na na there it is, cos i'm gonna be in the real capital this new years... hope you dublin folk aren't bored to tears with my goings on about cork being so great... i mean i don't really need to say it... anyway... ooooh i'm stickin to you cos i'm made out of glue.. as rachel loshak(i think) said one time... signing out cos i'm not makin any sense...

for maeve,remember this new years kicks off well early to ensure all bands get a decent set,KOPEK kick things off at 8.10 and THE ULTRA MONTANES are going to be on at 9.30,i'd get there early anyway as all bands bring big crowds,and 5 crowd pullers on new years me thinx,will have the place stuffed,doors 7.30pm sharp,c u there

Cheers for that, my plan as of now is to start off in Doran's, and then on to Wheelie Bins where I'll be lucky if I make it as far as Wexford St. with the crowds.... :confused:
    xm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭startled_frog

The Chalets....of course

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭miss serena

The Chalets....of course

Thank you! And of course The Rednecks! If you like The Redneck's you'll like Jape. Ham Sandwich supported Whitesnake in The Olympia when they were there recently.

BTW The Complete Stone Roses have been cancelled from The Ambassador.

Shanannigan - Alas I will be gone from the beauty city by New Years, but you do put up a good argument...you can ramble!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭grimey

I'm going to Clonakilty wahey!

for memaeve again,due to a mad string of events,vinyl will no longer be playing this friday's radiator,though it's quite **** and best of luck with your back mate,your favourites KOPEK www.kopekmusic.com have come in to save the day,thanx again lads,so they'll be on stage at 10.20 and it's 7eu in....with that the opening act back pedal brakes have been replaced the finest funk act in dublin CREAMY GOODNESS,might c you down there then

for memaeve again,due to a mad string of events,vinyl will no longer be playing this friday's radiator,though it's quite **** and best of luck with your back mate,your favourites KOPEK www.kopekmusic.com have come in to save the day,thanx again lads,so they'll be on stage at 10.20 and it's 7eu in....with that the opening act back pedal brakes have been replaced the finest funk act in dublin CREAMY GOODNESS,might c you down there then

saw Kopek once and thought they were excellent.

what be happenin in clonakilty grimey? there's always somethin deadly happenin in DeBarra's must check up on that... PS. apologies for my ramblin yesterday, i was sleepless for the last 2 nights and so yeah... *hangs head in shame*

Don't know really, a friend of mine booked a house there so i said i'd go down. Never been out there before, forgot DeBarras was there. Might check it out. This is on there New Years Eve:

Chucklehead and Fuzzi Logik
    Plus special guests €10 8.00pm Fri 31 Dec 2004

Sounds like stoner music... hmmm tempting... they must be good to be ringin in DeBarra's New Year.. got a cd from a cork band the other day called Los Langeros cd's called "yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah, very interesting" first track is called "That Beastly ****er" and it don't sound bad at all...

the name would put me off though - it's disastrous.

which the album name or the band name?

band name - very offputting.

• Advertisement

i dunno.. i think it indicates they're langers from spain... if you're familiar with cork slang langer ain't such a bad word...

Don't worry, I'm from Cork! I don't like the way that word is overused just for the sake of it though.

i don't think that band name is an example of such overuse though... anywho...

Thanks again Trev, won't be able to make it in this Friday though.
    Yep, Kopek are great alright.
    And Clonakilty? There's no better place to spend New Year's Eve!
    (Look at me getting all patriotic :o ).
    xm

didn't know you were another corkonian maeve, we're all over the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭miss serena

Me too! Cool! On the Ray D'arcy show they were just trying to introduce Langer into the Collins dictionary. Brilliant!

class! I'm in fiercely patriotic mood these days, moving back to Cork at Chrimbo after 7 years up here. Looking forward to many nights spent in the Quad/ Bróg/wherever else is good these days.

my phantom has a cork posse.. that rocks.. up the rebels

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

If you like The Redneck's you'll like Jape.

dunno about that, they're crazy different...

if i'm going to town it'll defo be for this gig, great line up! and the rednecks last album was amazing. however, new years is a time for the family usually so we'll see

• Advertisement

grimey wrote:
    didn't know you were another corkonian maeve, we're all over the place.

I'm not really, I just like to think I am. ;)
    My Dad's from Clon and we've a house down there so I am just a little bit.... :D
    xm

Advertisement