Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question for all you guitar techies

Options
  • 21-08-2001 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭

I've been getting bored with my Guitar lately and I'm interested in buying a guitar pedal(s). I'm unsure whether to go with a multi-effects digital pedal, or a set of analogue pedals. I was told digital pedals are great for the wide range of effects but you lose quality in the tone. I was going to get one of those nice pedals in the Digitech range, but now I'm uncertain. What do ye think I should go for?

Life sucks, but does it swallow?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Kopf

I'm selling a Marshall SV-1 Supervibe chorus pedal, if you're interested, £60 for what you'd pay £79 for. Brand New.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I have one of those digitech ones.
    They have some very cool FX allright, but most of them are just for ****ing around with...

Not really worth it, to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

You could always have some fun and tinker with some electronics... you can make your own pedals quite easily, just requires some skill and effort. Check the web and you'll find wiring diagrams for most kinds of effects.

But then again if ya have the money....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

I'd be inclined to lean towards analogue pedals. The give off a far better sound than a board but it's all really money depending. How much do you want to spend. I'm of the thinking you can never have enough effects. You don't have to use them all all the time. I'd love to have a big rack of 10 or 12 at home just to mess about with and try and find that sound that I've always wanted. If you can afford it go for a few Boss pedals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SHADOW

My god Tom!!!
    You've actually said something about music that I agree with.....

You get hit on the head?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

heeheehee

I've got a Boss ME30 effects board. It's a laugh to play with, but it does indeed drop the quality of sound a little more than I'd like, but the versatility is fun. You can and will soend hours at a time just playing around with the sounds and combinations of effects.

As for individual pedals:
    Boss are generally considered the best, so have a look into them. If your amp's got built in switching (mine's got 2 over-drive and a chorus), don't bother getting something to replace them just yet - try a Phaser or Flanger petal - they can be fun and will result in weird sounds - look into a Delay too.

Enjoy!

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    So Bob Hoskins was about to roll a spliff when in walks Dana with her 3 foot Bong
    [honey i] violated [the kids]
    When the Beefy King arrives, I shall be paying homage with Puunack The Receiver in a haze of green curry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Thanks people....gonna get myself a pair of Boss Chorus & Delay pedals. biggrin.gif

One more thing...has anyone heard of a Mutron Mutator or who makes it? Apparently, Johnny Greenwood uses one at the end of Paranoid Android...sounds real wick-ed. smile.gif

"Ca bhfuil an buama?!"

Advertisement