Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocked Vodafone Sharp GX10i - Want to get it working with O2 MMS

• 13-12-2004 2:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭

Howdy,
    My GF got a Vodafone Sharp GX10i from her friend and she all got the unlock code.

It works fine with O2, however, shen cant get MMS working (or WAP for that matter) - she rang O2 and they gave her the setting s, but said because it was a vodafone phone it might not work. ..

Is this crap ? I'm sure all the settings can be changed - anybody have all the settings for this phone for O2 ? I reckon she needs the WAP and GPRS setting correct also or she won't be able ot send/receive MMS.

Anyhoo...as I said - anybody have these settings ?

BTW - is there any handy way to get all the Vodagroan crap off the phone ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Darz0re

the phone will work with O2 MMS setting fine

the only slight problem i think would be connecting to wap
    once you connect it might have "live.vodafone.com"
    and only that on a blank screen

but if you press back it should go to the 02 home page then

about the scodaphone software i'm not to sure how to go about getting rid of it
    as vodafone are the only suppliers i dont know where you could go to get rid of it

sorry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Fair enough - it should work so.
    Can anybody list out all the settings so I can double-check them on the phone ?
    Thanks !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I just got a Sharp GX10 unlocked and want to use MMS. Anyone know the settings for O2?

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Check the sticky at the top of this section. All the settings are there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭satori

Hey there people!

A friend just gave me her old sharp GX10I phone thats on the vodafone network, as i have a meteor chip and think its about time me old phone go's into a well earned retirement can anyone tell me how I get it unblocked?

Iv done a quick google and all it seems to be on about is chips and cords... plus many a euro thrown around.,.

so any help would really be apreciated!

Thanks xx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Satori - I rang Vodafone up last week and they told me how to unlock it.

Advertisement