Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billy Bragg

Options
  • 17-08-2001 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

What do all you muso's out there reckon of the Bard himself???

I have just got tickets to see him at this festival: www.livid.com.au

I have really started to get into him since i came to Australia. I was given his back to basics cd by an English lad and I have to say I'm impressed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Billy Bragg is excellent.
    I've only managed to see him live twice (Vicar Street), and both times, he was outstanding. His music is both intelligent and touching, and when needs be, funny.. "Gilbert and George are taking the **** aren't they? \ Gilbert and George are taking the **** \ What could be more British than "Here's a picture of my bum"? \ Gilbert and George are taking the ****".

And on top of all this, he's an incredibly nice man.. he allowed me, Joe RandomPunter, to interview him after one of his concerts.

I'd recommend some albums, but to be honest, they're all of a fantasic standard, and you wouldn't be going wrong listening to any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Got to agree there, he is a great guy. I assisted/runnered on his Mermaid avenue albums and it was a great laugh. He was one of the nicest clients I worked with and I have the albums as a memory. I suggest buying both Mermaid avenues but I prefer the 1st volume myself. They are a collection of Woody Guthrie songs with no music. Himself and Wilco got their heads together and put music to these old words.

Let me know how he is when you see him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

Lifes a Riot

Best album imo.

Met him too. sound bloke. bit english for me tbh but sound nonetheless.

_ _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _
    <A HREF="http://homepage.eircom.net/~cullenm&quot; TARGET=_blank>
    sig.jpg
    </A>
    http://run.to/pile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 spiroagnew-man

I been into " Curtis Mallard" since the early 90's and I reckon he gets better with age. He didn't do a hell of alot in the last decade only 2 real albums and some rereleases but any contribution is gratefully accepted. I'm particularly fond of Don't Try This at Home.
    I've never met the man but a friend of mine did. He was outside the The house of Lords on the day they lost their inherited seats. He had his political pundit head on, a role he seems to be pursuing more than music these days. I think he'd make a great politician. He's Tony Gregory of Ken livingstone with a Guitar!

Advertisement