Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Router problems

Options
  • 13-12-2004 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭

I recentlyl bought a Netgear DG834g wless router.

It is connected my ethernet to one of my pc's and wirlessly to a mac however often the connection drops all round. The leds are still on on the router but i cannot discover it there or the internet connection.

If i type in the isp into my browser also (192.168.1.0) i cannot access the router, it requires me to unplug and replug the power port on the router for me to be able to discover it.

How can i resolve this so that whichever machine is turned on i can access the router (and as a result my dsl connection). Often i have to reset the router all together to enable a connection to be established.

Thanks

Ps: i cant get msn messenger to work at all on the network

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Paul.K

Hi,

You need to download the latest firmware for your router. Do you have DHCP component enabled ?

Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭cooper_man

i downloaded 10.04.01 i think it is but there was a later one. How do i enable dhcp?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

cooper_man wrote:
    I recentlyl bought a Netgear DG834g wless router.

It is connected my ethernet to one of my pc's and wirlessly to a mac however often the connection drops all round. The leds are still on on the router but i cannot discover it there or the internet connection.

If i type in the isp into my browser also (192.168.1.0) i cannot access the router, it requires me to unplug and replug the power port on the router for me to be able to discover it.

How can i resolve this so that whichever machine is turned on i can access the router (and as a result my dsl connection). Often i have to reset the router all together to enable a connection to be established.

Thanks

Ps: i cant get msn messenger to work at all on the network
    The router's address is 192.168.0.1

Username is your email address joebloggs@isp.com
    Password must be less than 8 letters

Do you know the VPI and VCI?

Set MTU in WAN setting to 1400 and away you go.

Advertisement