Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

only one choice...i-pod or i river.

Options
  • 13-12-2004 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

fancy both of these machines greatly but havent got money (or really any use) for both of them. which would you chose?

which one i-pod or i river 40 votes

i-pod
    0% 0 votes
    i river
    45% 18 votes
    neither
    55% 22 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

iriver you get a radio and voice recording + much cheaper, i dont know of the ipod advantages, where you gonna get the iriver cos i cant find one anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

ARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH..... not this topic again!!!! :D

I've got an 10GB iPod myself for a year now and i've never had a moment of trouble with it - brillant battery life, sound etc.

Just get rid of the shi*ty white earbuds and you've a grand piece of audio equipment!

Can't speak for the iRiver though.... cormie probably will! :)

PS - i'm sure you're around here somewhere, cormie!

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

iriver you get a radio and voice recording + much cheaper, i dont know of the ipod advantages, where you gonna get the iriver cos i cant find one anywhere

amazon sell them...specs look cool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

was gonna get an iriver h140 over an ipod because of the remote, but since it's been discontinued and the places i was looking at getting one from were all sold out (and still are)... i ended up getting an ipod and i'm very happy with it. very nice interface, and, well, it plays my music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭IamtheKing

Yeah, I'd have to go with the i-river. The i-pod is good but there are much better (and cheaper) players out there. Plus, the battery life on the i-pod is waaaaay to short. If I was going to have a player that held 5000 songs the battery life would have to be fairly decent, say, 15 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

FFS, iRiver. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

what model Iriver is good ?

Couldnt get the one I wanted over the last 2 weeks in DUblin

1gb 7 series

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Have iRiver H320, no complaints although, if ome people I know don't like the fact that the HD has an audible hum. Also the learning curve is steeper than that of the ipod. But I'm very happy with my choice.

Bottom Line: If you want to impress people, iPod;
    Most audiophiles (don't consider myself one) go for iRiver.

Advertisement