Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THIS WEEKEND - SLANE!

Options
  • 20-08-2001 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭

I'm not goin to Slane...
    ...but i'm goin to reading, which is a billion times better!
    I won't have to put up with U2 either, hahahahahahahahaha!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Rabbit_Fascist

Its going to be truely historic. This will be the one that will always be remembered. U2 - the home coming.

The mere thought is sending shivers down my spine.

Be prepared.

RHCP will be a hard act to follow, mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

im going lucutus and so is a bunch of people i know from bayside/sutton area. ill bring my camera just in case its one of those once in a lifetime gigs (yeah right) smile.gif

adnans

kent brockman: "... and while we're speaking of well educated manner they tend to use low brow expressions like 'oh Yeah' and 'come here a minute'.
    homer: "oh yeah!, they think they're better then us. bart, come here a minute!"
    bart: "you come here a minute"
    homer "oh yeahhh!"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Anyone good playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

After having procured tickets to go and see the red hot chilli peppers in slane and their hosts, U2, doing a few songs as well, I'm gettin' all excitred loike....

Anyone else from Boards going?
    Anyone got any info on the day itself?
    Anyone got anything at all to say about it?

Replies here!

Lucutus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Im heading to the 2nd gig.. Wanna swap nelly retardo for the rhcp ? biggrin.gif
    Look'n forward to see'n the foo's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

yep i'm there

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I gave up under the pressure and bought 2nd concert tickets. Dunno who I'm going with yet, maybe sister & her mates, so who else is going to that one?

Al.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'm there!

Tony, I'll give you a ring and we'll meet up at it somewhere...

[edit]
    I'm going to see the Chillis - U2 can bite my shite!

All the best!
    Dav
    curlydav.gif
    So Bob Hoskins was about to roll a spliff when in walks Dana with her 3 foot Bong
    [honey i] violated [the kids]
    When the Beefy King arrives, I shall be paying homage with Puunack The Receiver in a haze of green curry.

[This message has been edited by Kharn (edited 21-08-2001).]

Deadly Kharn,

Yah have my number, call meh on the day!

Been waiting a good while for a chance to get to see the Chilli's...

...it's time.

Luc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

be warned, phones won't be at there best @ slane.
    i doubt that eircell will upgrade the system for the concert, but you never now.........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Kopf

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Xithus:
    Im heading to the 2nd gig.. Wanna swap nelly retardo for the rhcp ? biggrin.gif
    Look'n forward to see'n the foo's.
    </font>

Bad news, i heard today the Foo Fighters won't be playing, something to do with the drummer. I feel sorry for you, the foo's gig in the olympia was the best gig i've ever gone to; you're missing out on something special.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Sliotar

yep cant wait to see rhcp... cant wait to fall asleep durin coldplay... cant wait to throw stuff at kelees (or whatever her name is, why the fv<k is she there again?)

Yea, I heard about it today.. They were the only reason I was going.. paid £115 fo the ticket and all..
    Seriously, I think ive lost faith in the band.. bono's da dies, he still plays.. taylor gets drunk all euro dates cancelled.
    I am to say the least very p**sed off.
    Im D/L ur next album dammit !

btw, any idea whose replac'n the foos ? Probably some stupid f**king britpop band, travis or coldplay, uhhhhhh. ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Sliotar

you serious?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Xithus:
    btw, any idea whose replac'n the foos ? Probably some stupid f**king britpop band, travis or coldplay, uhhhhhh. ffs.</font>

Exclusive: Its Oasis.

Uhhhh oasis biggrin.gif I was told Nelly retardo was gonna be the main support, that they wont be gett'n anyone to fill in for the foos.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rabbit_Fascist:
    Exclusive: Its Oasis.

</font>

aaaaaHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    *breath*
    *breath*
    heeheeheeee...........

Sorry to laugh at the misfortune of others, but Foos - Oasis...
    WTF!??!?!

Pity to all who were going to see them.

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    So Bob Hoskins was about to roll a spliff when in walks Dana with her 3 foot Bong
    When the Beefy King arrives, I shall be paying homage with Puunack The Receiver in a haze of green curry.

Oasis were in talks to do it, wanted to do it but decided against it because they're going to headline next years. Apparently they've two new albums worth of material and they intend making big waves.

The band now in talks to replace the Foo's are Ash. Talks are going well. Expect an announcement soon.

P.S. All Oasis fans, sorry for jumping the gun on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

(Under pressure so have to be naughty and go off topic) I need to swap one ticket for tommorows gig for the 1st September.

More info

Cheers

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    "[amp] may have the respect of the plebs on the other boards" - WWman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I was all ready to go to Slane, had three phones rining tcket numbers at 6:50 that morning.....fu<king U2....woulda had a hell of a lot less gob****es trying to get tickets if it wasn't for them. GRRRRRRRR
    Can't stand Bono. And wtf is this <rap about the 'Homecoming Tour'? half the band is English. They have played other Irish gigs (I think) and they don't live in Slane. So wtf?
    Moan b1tch whinge etc. etc.
    Still would jump at the chance of tickets though.
    One last thing. BYOB. Or naggins.

Right so, couldn't swap it so I'm going tommorow. Leds give us a call when your there: 086 8269313

I can give one person a lift if they need it from Dublin but I'll be leaving really early.

http://www.mcd.ie/slane/slane.html has some crappy flash info btw.

Id rather peal my skin off and roll around in salt than listen to oasis live.
    Only 2 bands could replace the foos.. Pearl Jam, or metallica. Ash arent too bad.. frown.gif Really, REALLY, Wanted to see the foos though, Im f**king gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

An excellent gig, chillies were great, U2 were fantastic, slane is an amazing venue, just so many people having a great time in one place smile.gif

The 6/7 mile walk(from the field itself) to get a bus due to the fupped up one way system was a bit annoying (got into town at 4am, gig finished just before 11) but not enough to mar the rest of the day.

• Site Banned Posts: 334 ✭✭scuzzy

The line-up (according to u2.com) is as follows...
    Dara, The Walls, Nelly Retardo (hehe, good one), Moby, Ash and... eh... hmmm...
    BTW Xithus, you interested in selling your ticket???

nah, I think Ill keep my ticket and go biggrin.gif Twas to good to be true, U2 and the f.fighters.. I should have known somthing would happen.
    So its 100% on Ash replacing em now.. yea ? (secretly hoped they'd appear biggrin.gif )

Truly it was an excellent gig. Especially as I got into the central pit.

You ****ing *******ing ****ing ****ing ****ing jammy feicer Amp!

I couldn't get in after waiting for an hour at the railing (from 11:15 to 12:15).

I'm so badly sunburnt it's not funny. I had a great day though - Chillis RULED! U2 were also very good. Relish set me in a good mood for the day - good "feel good" uplifting kinda music to start the day.

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭jaarius

hey guys

for next weekend. can you tell me if the front area(the pit) is vip or something or is it first come first serve.

appriciate it

j

"Why not put the match in a shark tank, with real live sharks, hungry sharks, and the only way to beat your
    opponent is to stuff them down a shark's throat and pin a shark".
    -Kurt Angle to Lilian Garcia

• Advertisement

This concert was incredible.

Coldplay were surprisingly tight and can do live what they do on their album, shame I don't like more songs than Shiver, Trouble, and that other one..('We live in a beautiful world...')...

RHCP fúcking rocked, an always excellent band, played all the favourites...and basically hopped around like the Chillis always do... after them, I wanted to go home...having never seen U2 before, and never thinking they were as good as some other musical artists I like.

Still I held on, only to be blown away by the biggest band in the world. Now I know why people call them that...and it's not for the music they put on their albums. If anyone else hasn't seen U2 play live, beg, steal and borrow to get a ticket for this week's one. It's an experience you'll never forget...

Chillis, 'Higher Ground', 40 thousand people, (out of 80 thousand), swinging their tops above their heads...helicopter style, never forget that. smile.gif

U2's opener, 'Elevation', never forget that either, 80,000 people jumping up and down...

This concert was different to previous Slane events in so many ways, and it's likely to be repeated this Saturday coming.

Words just don't express it...

Lucutus

[This message has been edited by Lucutus (edited 27-08-2001).]

Advertisement