Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THIS WEEKEND - SLANE!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

no two ways about it, the concert rocked.
    rhcp were excellent, loved the version of pea.
    was v.impressed with u2
    but i did think he went a little bit over board re is dad.
    they were ace live, though that bloody sunday was excellent.

[grip] stupid rules about no bottles of water. ffs, u could only buy paper cups inside.[/grip]

• Site Banned Posts: 334 ✭✭scuzzy

Oh stoppit! you're making me jealous!!!
    It's as if I'm destined never to see U2 live in concert...
    In '97 I broke my leg 3 weeks before the Popmart gigs in Landsdowne, WENT ON SATURDAY... but my dumbass drunk f*ck of a friend, fell off the f*cking bus and ended up breaking his f*cking wrist!!!
    My great friends deserted me or told me to go to the hospital with him (after a very long walk to the 1st aid tent)
    What a ****ty day. Only got to see a bit of Relish (pretty cool). So anyone with a spare ticket PLEEEEASE!!! take pity on me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

...after waking up on saturday morning after the Aphex Twin night(the man is a genius, if you get a chance, go and listen to him play), my head was in bits (blame it on the JD) but i recovered slightly to prepare myself for what was going to be an exciting day.

we packed ourselves into the back of the van which was previously fitted with duvets, sleeping bags and other comfy stuff at 7 oclock and went to sleep again. it was raining when the doors to the van opened and thats when the session started. a massive amount of people could be seen going into slane in the pouring rain whilst we were in cover smile.gif (nice one justin) when the skies cleared we made ourselves leave the comforts of the van and finally we were going to Slane... we got to the gates where i was refused to the entrance cause of my stub-less ticket (damn thing came apart and i lost the smaller piece of the ticket frown.gif ), after sweet talking to the guy with the earpiece and from some help of the fink, we entered the already packed venue. we were told that we missed the first band of the day, Relish. a smile came to my face again.

on the day i made a rule that i wont touch alcohol at all cause of the bad toilet situation. it was a good decision. we hardly noticed JJ72 and awaited what was a brilliant set from Coldplay, they were relaxed and the crowds enjoyed their musical presence. few spliffs later and the band that we were all waiting for climbed the stage. RHCP's first tune "around the world" got the crowd really going and so did the rest. by that point i was excited like a rabbit in heat and no1 could stop that feeling... bliss. helicopter thing was a breath of fresh air to the music of "higher ground". flea made some clever remarks about a single guy standing on the side of the hill that made the entire 80,000 people wave to the lone figure on the hill. smile.gif a truly epic band when put on a stage. i got my moneys worth from the purchase of the ticket. smile.gif

U2 came on stage at exactly 8:30pm and kicked things of nicely with "elevation" followed by "beautiful day" (so true). i cant say anything else but that they are the greatest band in the world.

the show was over and there was only one thing left to do, go home. are you taking the píss or what? of course not, the crowd movement was a bítch and i couldnt even think what was happening on the roads. we found the van exactly where we left it, in a field, and got another session going. after an hour, my tired head wouldnt allow me more abuse so i curled up in the van and went to sleep only to wake up at 6 oclock in the morning when the traffic cleared. i closed my eyes again and went to sleep with memories of an amazing day...

adnans

Children need encouragement. If a kid gets an answer right, tell him it was a lucky guess. That way he develops a good, lucky feeling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Sliotar

what they said ^ smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

track's played:
    Elevation
    Beautiful Day
    Until the End of the World
    New Year's Day
    Kite
    A Sort of Homecoming
    I Will Follow
    Sunday Bloody Sunday
    Wake Up Dead Man
    Stuck in a Moment
    In A Little While
    Dancing in the Moonlight
    Desire
    Staring at the Sun
    Bad / Yellow / 40
    Where the Streets Have No Name
    Mysterious Ways\The Fly
    Pride

Encore(s):

Bullet the Blue Sky
    With or Without You
    One
    Walk On / Hallelujah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Yahey..... managed to get a ticket for the second gig... should be fúckin wicked...got it at face value as well...excellent. I shouldn't speak too soon though 'cos I don't physically have a hold of it! I cannot fúcking wait.... never seen them before, the last gig of this stop off, and from everybody else's version of things they were amazing first time.... so this time should be wicked too smile.gif

Fink

Advertisement