Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boston public

• 13-12-2004 4:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭

did anyone watch the first episode of the new series of boston public it was fairly good1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Havent watched it before but thought it was fairly decent last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Considering last night's episode was shown in the US in October 2002, we couldn't be further behind. Still a full season and a half to go before we reach the point where it was cancelled in the US. Hopefully, RTE are aiming to have people tune over for more drama to RTE2 after ER and this will be one RTE2 show which actually keeps its timeslot from week to week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

i only caught the end of it :( but on the plus side its ending was superb as usual. 'youth of the nation' was used very effectively.
    boston public and everwood are by far 2 of the best long running tv shows right now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

herobear wrote:
    i only caught the end of it :( but on the plus side its ending was superb as usual. 'youth of the nation' was used very effectively.
    boston public and everwood are by far 2 of the best long running tv shows right now

Except Boston P isn't running any more (well, outside of Ireland anyway!) - but I agree Everwood is top of its game at the moment, even more so in season three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Maybe they will start showing the last season of The Practice and the first season of its spin off Boston Legal soon.

You just don't know with RTE TWO, Boston Public may not even be on next week. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

How do they fit so many storylines into such a short episode?

- Children being born
    - Children being drowned
    - Naked marching
    - Teachers picking up hooker students
    - Parents pimping their kids
    - 2 seperate police investigations (the baby and harry and the prostitute)

amongst others! Genius

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Syd_Vicious

Did I miss something? Did they show the first episode of the 3rd series of Boston Public after what a year they said they would over at RTE 2? When was it on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

I thoroughly enjoyed Sunday's espisode... I wish RTE Two were more reliable though! Jeri Ryan is damn hawt as well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I thoroughly enjoyed Sunday's espisode... I wish RTE Two were more reliable though! Jeri Ryan is damn hawt as well!
    Well they're advertising the second episode for Sunday so we'll see.
    Jeri Ryan is HOT :D
    Did she make any films between star trek and boston public
    or what else was she in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

Modified wrote:
    Did she make any films between star trek and boston public
    or what else was she in?

According to her filmography @ IMBD she made 2 films during Voyager, in 2000, The Last Man, and the snorefest that was Dracula 2000. During Boston Public she starred in Down With Love, u know, the really bad throwback to the 60's era, with Ewan McGregor.

Anywho great to see the show back even if we R years behind. I've been emailing RTE since last year about the new Season and each time, they said it would be on in a few weeks, last airdate they gave me was November 12, and we all know how that turned out.
    Come to think of it, i remember seeing Boston Public, on the Autumn line up trailer for last year, but it was never shown.

They sure did throw alot into the 1st ep, as snap listed, and then also, where is Lauren, aka the beautiful Jessalyn Gilsig. She seems to have disappeared, without any Xplanation. Granted we see her now on Nip/Tuck but i dont know when S2 of that will start .

Anyways i guess we do have some great beauty in the form of Jeri Ryan and Sharon Leal.
    Ep2 looks good so c'mon Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

It's a good show. Great to see it back on the air, though I'm not sure that the Sun night slot is the right time. It seems to have been a fairly low-profile return for RTE - I didn't see any ads for it at all - just happened to notice it in the listings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭flyz

RainyDay wrote:
    It's a good show. Great to see it back on the air, though I'm not sure that the Sun night slot is the right time. It seems to have been a fairly low-profile return for RTE - I didn't see any ads for it at all - just happened to notice it in the listings.

Same here and I only caught the end of it :(

Does anyone know if it's repeated anytime during the week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

flyz wrote:
    Does anyone know if it's repeated anytime during the week?

Unfortunately it is not being repeated.

Advertisement